Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today marks 4 years of owning this car. Bought August 1 2016.

It was a dealer swap car. So had a few miles on it.

And the miles I have on it now. 4 years and just barely short of adding exactly 24,000 miles. 6k a year.

Attachments

Reactions: AstroKats

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
How many miles this year, LOL?!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hasn't actually changed that much. Might be 5kish this year. Not a big difference, because I still work every day. My income is actually up this year over last. Because of the amount of overtime I'm being forced to do.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Well, I guess that's one silver lining. OAK's wine business has gone psycho as people are not going to restaurants and a lot of people are sitting around at home drinking wine, LOL.

Reactions: FLCrosstrekker

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does she mail deliver wine?

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Yes, even has some international customers. But we can only ship to certain states.

Reactions: Cutlass

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, LA, ME, MN, NC, ND, NE, NM, NY, OH, OR, SC, WA, WI, WY

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Mine is now 4 years and 3.5 months old, at 55,700 miles.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
520 Posts
Today marks 4 years of owning this car. Bought August 1 2016.

View attachment 300951

It was a dealer swap car. So had a few miles on it.

And the miles I have on it now. 4 years and just barely short of adding exactly 24,000 miles. 6k a year.
Wow, I didn't know Bertera had a dealership in Hartford. I got my 2020 Crosstrek from Bertera Subaru of West Springfield, MA.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, I didn't know Bertera had a dealership in Hartford. I got my 2020 Crosstrek from Bertera Subaru of West Springfield, MA.

It's a chain with several locations. Which is one of the problems in dealing with them. They've got the worst phone system to dial into and get to who you want to talk to of just about any business going.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
520 Posts
It's a chain with several locations. Which is one of the problems in dealing with them. They've got the worst phone system to dial into and get to who you want to talk to of just about any business going.
Interesting that they claim to be a "family business". I haven't actually had much of a problem reaching them if I need to.

Did they try and sell you a Zurich extended warranty instead of a Subaru extended warranty?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting that they claim to be a "family business". I haven't actually had much of a problem reaching them if I need to.

Did they try and sell you a Zurich extended warranty instead of a Subaru extended warranty?

They could be family owned and multiple locations. But they'd no longer be family managed and operated. They'd hire that done.

They failed in the aftersell department with me. At the time I bought I think they were in just too much of a hurry, and didn't do the real sales pitch on all that. And once they realized I was putting $12,000 and a trade down, they lost the leverage for a lot of their products, like GAP insurance, and so just didn't really put any effort into the rest. I think they were more interested in getting me out the door to get the next person in that they shorted their efforts.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
520 Posts
They could be family owned and multiple locations. But they'd no longer be family managed and operated. They'd hire that done.

They failed in the aftersell department with me. At the time I bought I think they were in just too much of a hurry, and didn't do the real sales pitch on all that. And once they realized I was putting $12,000 and a trade down, they lost the leverage for a lot of their products, like GAP insurance, and so just didn't really put any effort into the rest. I think they were more interested in getting me out the door to get the next person in that they shorted their efforts.
Interesting about your feeling rushed out the door. When I bought my Crosstrek, it was early March and car sales had already slowed down. I was a cash buyer and did not feel rushed by the salesman or the woman who did all the final processing and paperwork. The salesman was actually quite good and explained things in detail and also took time to go over things about the car once I took delivery. It probably also helped that I took delivery on a weekday during the day. As it turned out, the following week was when the actual showroom was shut down due to COVID-19.

·
Registered
8,850 Posts
Both times, we were expecting high pressure but not so much. It helps to do a lot of research and deal with the internet folks, not wander onto the showroom floor with the sharks circling. Both times, finance guys were pushy with the warranty, as well as worthless upsells but, again, being firm and being prepared paid off and we had a reasonably good experience both times You should have seen the scurrying around the last time when I pointed out that the sill plugs had not been installed... 😸

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Interesting about your feeling rushed out the door. When I bought my Crosstrek, it was early March and car sales had already slowed down. I was a cash buyer and did not feel rushed by the salesman or the woman who did all the final processing and paperwork. The salesman was actually quite good and explained things in detail and also took time to go over things about the car once I took delivery. It probably also helped that I took delivery on a weekday during the day. As it turned out, the following week was when the actual showroom was shut down due to COVID-19.

I had one of those salespeople who went through a salespeople class and was new at the job with barely a 1/4 clue of what they ought to be doing. He didn't last. But I was in a hurry, because my trade needed major repairs I didn't want to pay for. And I got what I wanted at a price I could accept. So I didn't worry about the sales people much. The finance people may have wanted to upsell me, but I didn't really leave them an opening. And in the end they didn't put a lot of effort into it.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
520 Posts
I had one of those salespeople who went through a salespeople class and was new at the job with barely a 1/4 clue of what they ought to be doing. He didn't last.
My salesman was pretty seasoned and already had good reviews by people who bought from him.

But I was in a hurry, because my trade needed major repairs I didn't want to pay for. And I got what I wanted at a price I could accept.
Same here. And since I went to the website, clicked on the car I was interested in and provided contact info, they called me about that car and never tried to bait and switch. The woman who answered the phone said "Are you interested in a manal transmission?". "Yes I am" I said. "Well this is the only one we have" she said. It also happened to be the color and trim package I wanted. The rest is history.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My salesman was pretty seasoned and already had good reviews by people who bought from him.

Same here. And since I went to the website, clicked on the car I was interested in and provided contact info, they called me about that car and never tried to bait and switch. The woman who answered the phone said "Are you interested in a manal transmission?". "Yes I am" I said. "Well this is the only one we have" she said. It also happened to be the color and trim package I wanted. The rest is history.

There was only 2 colors I really liked at the time. The blue and the red. I occasionally wish I'd held out for the red. But the blue was available at the right time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts