Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on fitting 235 width tires on my XV/Crosstrek, has anyone had any issues with this?

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek 6mt Premium
3 Posts
I was having the same thought this morning. I was hoping to keep the stock premium wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was planning on fitting 235 width tires on my XV/Crosstrek, has anyone had any issues with this?
The simple answer to this simple question is yes. More info is needed for a better answer. I'm no expert (I still have my stock wheels and tires ATM) but I have done a whole lot of research on this exact subject recently and I did work for a major tire manufacturer in an earlier reality.

Like Chicken said it depends on the wheels to start. Lots of variables starting with OEM wheel sizes. For aftermarket wheels there are even more variables for specific wheels including the wheel diameter, width, offset, and backspacing. Add to this other factors like factory splash guards and other mudflaps and you will have a lot of different answers to the no rub/rub question and if so how much and when. I have found all sorts of claims from "no rub at all" to "rub where something had to be trimmed or modified", but...variables!

The only way to be certain without trial and error is to figure out what you want and duplicate what someone else has done. Lots of folks here seem happy to tell what their experience is and exactly how they got there.

I love the look of the 235/75/15 KO2 on 15" wheels. Thats what I have on order and going on my Crosstrek soon with a 1.5" lift. I don't expect it to rub a lot and whatever does I'll deal with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was planning to do something similar. I was able to source Motegi MR139 17x7.5 and a I've been looking online for the right rim to tire pairing without messing with what is good about the car. Forgot to mention this is the first cross over I've owned. Mostly owned sedans and 2 seaters, which kinda explains why I've asked. Thanks for this

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I have 235/55/18 tires on mine, they actually made the speedometer correct. No rubbing at all.

But know that wider tires have more rolling resistance and will hurt your gas mileage a little.
IMG_8226.jpeg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try https://tiresize.com/calculator/ to start. Enter your OEM size and it will suggest alternative sizes. Tire Rack is a good resource for specs on actual tires you are considering. Search this site by entering 235 in the search box and you will find a ton of info related to this width on the Crosstrek.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try https://tiresize.com/calculator/ to start. Enter your OEM size and it will suggest alternative sizes. Tire Rack is a good resource for specs on actual tires you are considering. Search this site by entering 235 in the search box and you will find a ton of info related to this width on the Crosstrek.
That's great to know. By the way, how much have you lost in terms of mileage on gas?

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
60 Posts
Not sure if this will help or how accurate it is but it's a quick lil 2min video that was recently posted to a Crosstrek Facebook group.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It will be more than another week before I find out for certain if and how much rub on my 2019. I already have the 235/75/15 tires, wheels are scheduled for next Monday delivery and lift kit install for the following Monday the 16th of Dec. I've gone back and forth between the 215 and 235. Looked at posts here and elsewhere, youtube videos etc. Agonized over it to the point I though about selling the 235's and buying 215's which almost certainly won't rub. However I can't get over the fact that the 235 KO2 LOOKS so much better than anything else and I can't seem to get over that. AAARGH! What to do LOL? 😆

·
Registered
2015 XV Premium, Desert Khaki
60 Posts
235's do look amazing, the question is, is sacrificing the extra weight and less gas mileage worth it, IF you're not doing serious off roading and often.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 235/75/15.. with a 2" lift. No modifications to the bumpers, yet. Minor rubbing in reverse at certain angles and AGGRESSIVE turns.

Instagram = azcrosstrek

1 - 14 of 14 Posts