Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was bored, so I threw some 235/60R17 Crossclimate2’s
on my OZ HyperGT HLT Star Graphite rims for Winter 2021/2022.

So far, Aaaaabsolutely lovin’ the ride quality. Crazy smooth! (35 PSI)
Like night and day, vs the 225/65R17 BFG KO2’s.

I still have my Blizzaks on my stock wheels if the snow gets really crazy. (NW PA)
I have the Autel TPMS Service Tool, so I can swap things daily if need be. (Half Hour +/-)

I Highly,.......... Highly recommend the Tires,............. and the tool!
I have the TS508K tool which is about 2 years old but is lifetime upgrade-able online.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was bored, so I threw some 235/60R17 Crossclimate2’s
on my OZ HyperGT HLT Star Graphite rims for Winter 2021/2022.

So far, Aaaaabsolutely lovin’ the ride quality. Crazy smooth! (35 PSI)
Like night and day, vs the 225/65R17 BFG KO2’s.

I still have my Blizzaks on my stock wheels if the snow gets really crazy. (NW PA)
I have the Autel TPMS Service Tool, so I can swap things daily if need be. (Half Hour +/-)

I Highly,.......... Highly recommend the Tires,............. and the tool!
I have the TS508K tool which is about 2 years old but is lifetime upgrade-able online.
I’ve been reading about those Michelins today as well. Living in Toronto I’m wondering if I could get away with them all year round. Coming from Quebec last spring, winters are mandatory! Not sure if Toronto winters are as bad. Also I don’t have all the hills here as I did in Montreal. Thought?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve been reading about those Michelins today as well. Living in Toronto I’m wondering if I could get away with them all year round. Coming from Quebec last spring, winters are mandatory! Not sure if Toronto winters are as bad. Also I don’t have all the hills here as I did in Montreal. Thought?
I'll let you know as the winter progresses. (Compare the Crossclimate2's with the Blizzaks on TireRack.com)
I'll be able to compare their performance to the Blizzaks which are dedicated winter tires that go through anything.
I do a lot of winter road trips on mountain roads in the middle of the storms, just because I have a Subaru!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'll let you know as the winter progresses. (Compare the Crossclimate2's with the Blizzaks on TireRack.com)
I'll be able to compare their performance to the Blizzaks which are dedicated winter tires that go through anything.
I do a lot of winter road trips on mountain roads in the middle of the storms, just because I have a Subaru!
I can’t wait for my first snowstorm too! Gotta luv a Subaru. 😝

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,134 Posts
I can’t wait for my first snowstorm too! Gotta luv a Subaru. 😝
Toronto winters aren't as bad compared to Montreal. We do get hammered by the few surprise snowfall around Dec - Feb, sometimes March, too.

I haven't changed to my winters yet because I'm waiting a little bit longer but they say we should be getting 1cm of snow sometime next week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Toronto winters aren't as bad compared to Montreal. We do get hammered by the few surprise snowfall around Dec - Feb, sometimes March, too.

I haven't changed to my winters yet because I'm waiting a little bit longer but they say we should be getting 1cm of snow sometime next week.
It kills me to have to buy winter tires for my present car since they won’t fit on the Crosstrek so I think I’ll keep it in when it’s bad outside and use TTC services.
ill out winters on the Crosstrek when I get it early next year although I’m reading good things about the Michelins.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,134 Posts
It kills me to have to buy winter tires for my present car since they won’t fit on the Crosstrek so I think I’ll keep it in when it’s bad outside and use TTC services.
ill out winters on the Crosstrek when I get it early next year although I’m reading good things about the Michelins.
I currently have Michelin X Ice XI3's, these are my second set and they've always done an excellent job during the winter season.

I'll probably switch to the CrossClimates once my OEM and winter set go bad. Saves time from switching between sets, only have to worry about rotating, and you can use them all year round.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I plan on running the Michelin Crossclimate2's for a full year
just to see how they compare to the BFG's (Summer) and the Blizzaks (Winter).
So far I'm pretty impressed with how they feel in the wet and dry.
Can't wait to see how they are in some heavy/light snowy conditions.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Contrary to what the reviews are saying; I don't hear them AT ALL!
(Smooth as hell) Very little rolling resistance. (Very noticeable)
But consider that I was used to hearing "and feeling" the BFG KO2's.
I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING RETIRING THE BFG's!
As for the BFG's:
87.6532% of my driving is on Macadam, Concrete or Grass.
(They looked cool though) and are tough as nails.
But the car now feels so much more alive and nimble.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I plan on running the Michelin Crossclimate2's for a full year
just to see how they compare to the BFG's (Summer) and the Blizzaks (Winter).
So far I'm pretty impressed with how they feel in the wet and dry.
Can't wait to see how they are in some heavy/light snowy conditions. View attachment 308447 View attachment 308448
I’ll look forward to hearing what you think of them in the snow and ice. Enjoy

·
Registered
2019 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
540 Posts
The new breed of "genuine" all-weather tyres (Cross Climate 2, Nokian WRG4, Weatherproof etc) intrigue me. They might actually be an ideal solution for places where a few winter days are a regular occurence, but with a climate too warm to warrant actual winter tyres with the hassle of changing them twice a year (i.e. Toronto... :D)

I'd love to see them pinned in ice/snow braking & handing tests against "all seasons" on one side, and winter tyres on the other. While they wont ace all the tests, if they are true to their marketing claims, it's damn impressive. From an engineering perspective, it's next to impossible to design a compound and tread pattern which optimizes the friction coefficient, wear, noise and thermal management from -40C to +60C across dry tarmac, wet tarmac, ice and snow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The new breed of "genuine" all-weather tyres (Cross Climate 2, Nokian WRG4, Weatherproof etc) intrigue me. They might actually be an ideal solution for places where a few winter days are a regular occurence, but with a climate too warm to warrant actual winter tyres with the hassle of changing them twice a year (i.e. Toronto... :D)

I'd love to see them pinned in ice/snow braking & handing tests against "all seasons" on one side, and winter tyres on the other. While they wont ace all the tests, if they are true to their marketing claims, it's damn impressive. From an engineering perspective, it's next to impossible to design a compound and tread pattern which optimizes the friction coefficient, wear, noise and thermal management from -40C to +60C across dry tarmac, wet tarmac, ice and snow.
Check out this video (specifically around 1:55)

·
Registered
21 Sport
1,524 Posts
for the few days a year i drive in the snow and the few hundred miles i drive off road a year i find AT tires like my wildpeaks to be perfect solution

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love my Cross Climate 2s. I replaced my factory Bridgestones as soon as I got my Subaru.
They are so good in cold and wet weather. I had The original Cross Climates on my 2015 Lexus RX450h and they were amazing on snowy Cotswold Roads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts