Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching Reddit, YouTube, and on here but couldn't find a clear answer on whether these winglets come off or how to take them off. Anybody have any ideas or tips? Trying not to remove the entire bumper to look at the backside of the grille. When I tried to see the back of the grille I couldn't see anything from the engine compartment

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you make them yourself or buy a kit? I have seen them for the 18-20 but not the 21's.
When you take the grille apart there is these little flat pieces of plastic, I just used the same vinyl wrap that I used on the interior and wrapped them. There was nothing to buy since I already had the wrap. Free mod for me. I tried wrapping the winglets themselves in a satin black, but couldn't get right, so I just gave up and left it the stock dark gray color. I still like the way it turned out

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think the blue looks great!

My car is silver and have thought they would look nice the gold color that the Sport badge is painted.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the blue looks great!

My car is silver and have thought they would look nice the gold color that the Sport badge is painted.
I'm not a fan of the gold. I covered the steering wheel. Seat covers are coming soon, added enough blue (I think) to mask the gold sticking on the dash. The gold on the badge will be changed next. But everything is personal preference

·
Registered
2021 Magnetite Premium 6MT
66 Posts
Found this on YouTube as well, talks about removing the winglets at approx 3:15 mark. (Edit: I just noticed that you linked the same video in your thread as well…)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts