Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shopping and sitting in both the Premium and Sport models and realized that there wasn't any lumbar support adjustment for (at least) those two models. I found the Star Tex material to be very impressive. The lower back support seemed the same whether cloth or Star Tex. Does anyone have an opinion on how their backs have fared on long trips with the Sport Star Tex driver seat? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
594 Posts
Just a heads up - none of the Crosstrek are available with lumbar support.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I just put two hours in on a long drive and I like them. Cold on the butt on cold days, but I just made a cool little cover for my wife's set for those early mornings. In contrast, my 2020 impreza has cloth, powered seats and they are much more firm and less comfortable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took a solo drive last fall in my Sport, 4.5 hours each way. I found the driver‘s seat to be plenty comfortable the whole way, didn’t really miss lumbar support... but I’ve personally not found lumbar support to be a make-or-break thing. If you, Caretaker, use it in other vehicles, you might miss it here.

The StarTex material is everything I hoped it would be... resilient, with just a hint of “give” that cloth just doesn’t have. Easiest upholstery to keep clean I’ve had yet (my old beloved TSX was leather, and also quite good).

I didn’t spend a lot of time comparing it Subaru’s leather, because as an early adopter, there were no ‘21 Limiteds on the lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts