Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

I got the 20mm Subaru OEM rear sway bar installed in replacement to the 16mm that came with my 2016 crosstrek limited and wow what a big difference! The back feels more settled and braking seems a little more in line. The front feels lighter now thru a corner with the shift of feel towards the back. Next upgrade will be the Mann sprongs or the primitive racing or height ones .

·
Registered
43 Posts
Install is 10-15 minutes. No lift or jack required. A ratchet and a box wrench are all that's needed. Very easy process.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yes, I did mine last Sunday as well. I did raise the rear end of the car by only about 1 inch which removed all of the tension on the end links.
I also used a 12mm socket with 3 inch extension (for the bracket) and a 14mm socket, no extension (for the end link) and a 3/8 drive ratchet.

Very easy to do, instructions say to tighten the bracket when the car is on the ground, so I did that too.

I retained the factory end links and left them in place when I installed the new sway bar..

Torque values 4 Clamp bolts 22.1 ft lbs. (I used 22.5) and 28.0 for the end links.

Took me a little longer to do because I'm old and slow, but still maybe 30 min. And that includes getting the jack out and putting everything away after I was done !!

I have an SSD front strut support as well.

Now, what do I do with the old 16mm bar ?? Anyone want or need it ??

·
Super Moderator
8,379 Posts
The base model Impreza in the US doesn't come with any RSB so if you can find someone who has a base model, I would think that they would gladly take it off your hands.

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Sport 6 MT
3,343 Posts
Is it me or has the price and The Wait dropped in both money paid and time spent waiting for the parts :icon_lol:

Troutbum

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The bushings have bigger holes in them for the bigger diameter of the 20mm. So yes, you do want the bushings.

I installed one a few months ago. Love it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
After putting my 20mm on with the factory end links, I have not noticed any difference in the ride.

How often did you, or do you, actually try to get your car to get its *** to come around on sharp turns? Before the sway, it is a very neutral car, after, you can actually get the rear to rotate a little. It is also sharper and stiffer, less lean on quick corners too.

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek
978 Posts
Mine is on order, expected to ship in another 3 to 5 days.
*sigh
Oh well, my shifter boot and trim should be here Saturday at least.

·
Registered
2016 Crosstrek
978 Posts
quirkparts has free shipping for labor day with code labordayparts
They let me cancel and reorder, free shipping on a sway bar (and bushings)!

·
Registered
233 Posts
quirkparts has free shipping for labor day with code labordayparts
They let me cancel and reorder, free shipping on a sway bar (and bushings)!
Nice, thanks. Saved $10 over the Subaru Parts HQ seller on eBay and the free shipping applies to all available shipping options (all ground).

1 - 20 of 58 Posts