Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Crosstrek XV 2015
57 Posts
Just noticed 275 pounds more weight, which is about how much I saved when I switched from my Forester to my Crosstrek Sport. That's a noticeable difference when it comes to acceleration. This is not welcome news.
I am not sure how much horsepower it will have. I heard it's a 1.5 Turbo?

Can someone confirm this?

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,134 Posts
I am not sure how much horsepower it will have. I heard it's a 1.5 Turbo?

Can someone confirm this?
We're all going to have to wait probably until the November LA Auto show to know more about engine options. Current global model info I've seen thus far is the 2.0L mild hybrid, but that won't come to North America.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's definitely evolutionary, which is great for resale of previous generations, but I'd like to see more Subaru inspired design and less Toyota. Those front fog light gills... ...sigh. Soon it'll look like a bottom-feeding Sienna, sucking up what other cars leave behind. I'm also not a fan of these giant (cost saving) info tech screens. Too bright at night and they pull your eyes off the road. Until eyesight can drive by itself, I'll stick with buttons and knobs that I can adjust by feel. They never break and never need updating. Regarding ground clearance, I can see it being reduced on lower trim or luxury models across their entire line, to improve MPGs. They'll then offer Wilderness models with more. -IMHO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So, seeing this just confirms what I was already thinking ... I want a current generation Crosstrek, not the new one. (I have always had reservations about buying any newly introduced model car or any major revision to an existing model in the first year, as there are always bugs to be worked out.) Does anyone have any idea how long the 2023 model will still be available in the US market? I'm looking at probably buying next spring, but would move up my timetable if necessary to not have to buy the 2024 model.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
So, seeing this just confirms what I was already thinking ... I want a current generation Crosstrek, not the new one. (I have always had reservations about buying any newly introduced model car or any major revision to an existing model in the first year, as there are always bugs to be worked out.) Does anyone have any idea how long the 2023 model will still be available in the US market? I'm looking at probably buying next spring, but would move up my timetable if necessary to not have to buy the 2024 model.
My guess is the 2024 model will hit dealers by Fall 2023 so if you're looking to buy in Spring 2023 you should be fine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You must not like the Wilderness trim on the Outback, eh? Wait until the Crosstrek Wilderness comes out and it's 90% cladding and only 10% body color, haha.
I liked the wilderness because they have mechanical improvements. Now that I saw the new CT on YouTube more. It is not ugly as sin ugly just the same ugliness that people will get used to Subaru ugliness 🥷

·
Registered
802 Posts
Guess I'm in the minority here, but I really like the bold, new look! It's still immediately recognizable as a Crosstrek but now it actually has some style and personality!

I always thought the first gen was kinda generic looking. The second gen upped the ante in the design department, but still is a bit bland for my taste.The next gen looks to rectify that!

Do some of the exterior design details look a little overdone? Yeah, I'll admit to that. Do I love every last design decision inside and out? No, especially not the lack of physical HVAC controls. Overall though, I think Subaru knocked it out of the park with the styling!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Guess I'm in the minority here, but I really like the bold, new look! It's still immediately recognizable as a Crosstrek but now it actually has some style and personality!

I always thought the first gen was kinda generic looking. The second gen upped the ante in the design department, but still is a bit bland for my taste.The next gen looks to rectify that!

Do some of the exterior design details look a little overdone? Yeah, I'll admit to that. Do I love every last design decision inside and out? No, especially not the lack of physical HVAC controls. Overall though, I think Subaru knocked it out of the park with the styling!
Same. I could care less about screen choice, etc. since I barely look at it unless I'm using Android Auto. I don't use HVAC controls or adjust them while driving and really the only thing I look at currently between the screen and the higher one on the dash is my fuel economy info. If they had the button on the steering wheel to talk to the system to adjust climate control (my 2015 legacy had this), then you definitely don't need the HVAC knobs.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester
919 Posts
I read the reduced ground clearance as phase 1.
Phase 2: end of life Impreza, crosstrek replaces it (ala so many manufacturers killing off sedans).
Phase 3: wilderness edition for those that do want ground clearance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Regarding ground clearance... It should be noted that in Japan the 2022 Subaru XV has 200 mm of ground clearance. That's 7.87". The same as the 'all-new' version. And that's for all models whether they come with the 1.6i or 2.0 e-boxer engine. So we'll see. Maybe in North America and elsewhere it's still 8.7". We'll find out in November.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts