Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
1,003 Posts
Makes me even more happy I splurged on the "sports" front grille.

IMHO, the double screen looks hideous - though arguably more intuitive/easy to operate than the 11" tablet

Kind of sad the concept of the secondary upper display is gone. On my 2003 it was just a clock (replaced it with a Scancauge II), on my 2008 it was a clock and a fuel consumption display, now it's a nifty MFD. Like it or hate it, but it's very ergonomic. Because of the location and distance, a glance at it (whether to see what's playing, check the distance to empty, thermostat and HVAC settings, oil temperature, or whatnot) is VERY brief and requires minimal ocular focal distance change. Looking at the 11"6 infotainment screen, especially at its bottom, takes eyes of the road for too long. Finally, manual climate controls can be operated without looking. Touchscreen HVAC controls have to be looked at. Another 1 second hazard.
/rant

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
148 Posts
2024 verses 2023 - Front End

I like the 2023 better. Which is good - since I ordered one. It's a cleaner look. More upscale - I think.

Which one do YOU prefer?
The 2023 has a much more simplistic, fit-for-purpose aesthetic. It's far easier to like than the 2024.

·
Registered
158 Posts
2024 verses 2023 - Front End

View attachment 312936

View attachment 312937

I like the 2023 better. Which is good - since I ordered one. It's a cleaner look. More upscale - I think.

Which one do YOU prefer?

:)
Definitely the 2023 for me.
When I first saw the 2024, my initial impression was that the grille was awful.

Also, too much cladding.

I put the sports grille on my 2021 and am completely happy.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,476 Posts
That's when we get to SEE the car. Not when we get to BUY it.
Won't matter, because when the US-market engine and transmission options are announced you guys will inevitably hate it anyway. :p

Anyway, I wouldn't be too surprised if the new Crosstrek shows up at US dealers late in the first half of next year, assuming the supply-chain issues don't get any worse. As for the car itself, I mostly like the new exterior lines, except for those goofy plastic eyebrows over the fog lights. Not thrilled about the lower ground clearance, which I'm guessing is to provide some battery room, but it looks like the approach angle might be improved, and that would almost make up for it. I'm really happy that they worked on the interior seats. My biggest gripe is probably with the infotainment system, which is almost universally disliked in the current Outbacks. I knew we were going to be stuck with it, though, since I'm sure Subaru hasn't amortized the cost of the old design yet.

·
Registered
Subaru Crosstrek XV 2015
57 Posts
According to the galaxyconcerns website... [Converted from metric for your convenience!]

"The new Crosstrek measures 176.37" long, 70.86" wide and 62.20" tall, riding on a 105.11" wheelbase. It's 0.59" longer overall, no wider, 1.18" taller and 0.19" longer in wheelbase than the outgoing model.

There’s 7.87" of quoted ground clearance – 0.78" less than the current model in Australia – while the car weighs 3395 lbs to 3571 lbs, depending on variant. Independent suspension features front and rear."

How reliable those numbers are - I don't know. [I converted them from metric]

And I find it hard to believe that Subaru would give it less ground clearance. UNLESS of course this hybrid only Japanese model doesn't have as much ground clearance. That could be. Those numbers are a bit confusing.

:)
It got to be the hybrid model, the battery takes up the trunk spare tire room, and it needs to drop a bit too + heavier.

·
Registered
2023 Crosstrek Limited in Crystal Black Silica
4 Posts
I think it looks good. I’m glad I got a ‘23 Crosstrek, though, as we also have an outback with the tablet infotainment system and it’s frustrating. The rest of the car Outback is great, though. Glad the Crosstrek I got had the knobs.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport, Plasma Yellow Pearl
158 Posts
I am sure these will sell fine.

Given whats available now, I’d probably go for an Outback Wilderness if I were to replace my Crosstrek with a new car. I don’t plan on upgrading for another 8 years though…

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,134 Posts
It got to be the hybrid model, the battery takes up the trunk spare tire room, and it needs to drop a bit too + heavier.
I don't know if that's true. My plug-in hybrid has the same ground clearance and is 500lb heavier. They put different springs in the hybrid to maintain the ground clearance. If it's only for the eboxer and they didn't adjust the suspension, then that's likely why ground clearance is affected. I'm guessing the standard ICE crosstreks maintain the ground clearance. I can't see Subaru making the Crosstrek lower for the NA market.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,134 Posts
FWIW, today's Torque News (I know many here hate it) is reporting a reduction in ground clearance for the 2024:
The All-New Subaru Crosstrek- Further Analysis Reveals One Surprise Flaw
I think the issue we're all seeing is that this was a Subaru worldwide release and everything I've seen is a global right hand drive car with an eboxer motor. I think once we get around to I believe its release at the LA show, we'll have the info we're all looking for the North American model. Outside not much will change and it's definitely got a lot of cues from the new Legacy. Even if they lower the clearance, is it really that big of a deal to most of us, no.

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
1,003 Posts
If the reduced ground clearance in the e-boxer is to accomodate batteries, it would solve one major drawback of the current hybrid: a 30% loss of trunk space. That reduction is important enough to chase a few people from the hybrid (it was a major argument in my case) Fuel economy also benefits from lower ground clearance.

Subie's "off-road" all used to be 220 mm / 8.7" for years if not decades - but that staple lost its significance with the Wilderness options, which aren't even consistent in between themselves. I would even dare arguing the lower 2024 Crosstrek looks better and more proportional. A wink to the late Outback Sport. Those who want their car on stilettos will then get the Wilderness.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts