Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Pure Red Limited
133 Posts
According to this article there will be 9 paint colors, including the 2 new blues debuted today:

The darker grayish blue is "Offshore Blue Metallic" and Hyper Blue 2 is "Oasis Blue"

So:

1. Offshore Blue Metallic
2. Oasis Blue
3. Pure Redish
4. Silver?
5. White?
6. Black?
7. Dark Gray?
8.??
9.??

Return of orange? not-gray baby blue? desert khaki?

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
1,003 Posts
The rear isn't bad at all IMHO.

11.6" infotainment... meh. Getting in the car at -25C with gloves on, knobs and buttons are way more user-friendly. Touchscreen suck in winter climates when the car is stationed outside, when your hands are already cold.

Return of actual fuel level and coolant temperature gauges? wow.

Dropping the 8.7" ground clerance to 7.9", it's a first - likely for better fuel economy and for more difference with the upcoming wilderness? Forester/Outback wilderness is 9.2/9.5, while both sit at 8.7 in regular versions.

Overall, I think it'll continue selling like cupcakes. Waiting for the ICE engine list though

Front: I like mine better.
Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive side-view mirror Grille

·
Registered
155 Posts
We have developed a seat that supports the pelvis with a structure that holds the sacrum in place, providing a comfortable ride even when the body is greatly shaken, making it possible to easily go on a long drive.
Translation: We made a seat for the elderly.

The amount of people on here complaining about their neck/ back hurting while driving is insane. You’d think the average buyer was 65+ or horribly out of shape :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The exterior seems incremental and is fine. The giant tablet is not a plus. The seats sound interesting, but that's likely just marketing.

I'm most curious about the drivetrain options. If they have lowered the ground clearance, it's likely to make room for the battery and/or hybrid setup. But we'll also have to see if all Crosstreks use the e-boxer. Seems like that might kill the manual.

Unless a fantastic drivetrain is released, we should all likely be happy with what we currently have. And those looking for a Crosstrek in the future will also be happy.

·
Registered
2023 Pure Red Limited
133 Posts
The exterior seems incremental and is fine. The giant tablet is not a plus. The seats sound interesting, but that's likely just marketing.

I'm most curious about the drivetrain options. If they have lowered the ground clearance, it's likely to make room for the battery and/or hybrid setup. But we'll also have to see if all Crosstreks use the e-boxer. Seems like that might kill the manual.

Unless a fantastic drivetrain is released, we should all likely be happy with what we currently have. And those looking for a Crosstrek in the future will also be happy.
Well said.

At the end of the day all Crosstreks are beautiful, fun to own, and extremely practical.

·
Registered
2021 Limited OP 31
60 Posts
Overall, its really an evolution of the current model. I see a lot of interior parts carried over and the general body shape didn't change much. I'm happy that the exterior dimensions didn't grow significantly like so many other models do. So far, nothing makes me want to run out and trade in my 2021. I'll be interested to see what powertrains, options, and colors we get for the US model.

I find it interesting that in the models shown with heated seats, the buttons are still physical switches on the center console. They are not controlled in the touchscreen like the Outback/Legacy/Ascent with the 11.6" display. I'd be shocked if the US model actually gets a surround view camera. The designs on the door sill plates are neat. The rear headrests are much smaller, probably to increase rearward visibility. I noticed that the rear door panels appear to be all hard plastic except for the armrest. I hope that's not true because that's a downgrade from the current model.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,134 Posts
The rear isn't bad at all IMHO.

11.6" infotainment... meh. Getting in the car at -25C with gloves on, knobs and buttons are way more user-friendly. Touchscreen suck in winter climates when the car is stationed outside, when your hands are already cold.

Return of actual fuel level and coolant temperature gauges? wow.

Dropping the 8.7" ground clerance to 7.9", it's a first - likely for better fuel economy and for more difference with the upcoming wilderness? Forester/Outback wilderness is 9.2/9.5, while both sit at 8.7 in regular versions.

Overall, I think it'll continue selling like cupcakes. Waiting for the ICE engine list though

Front: I like mine better.
View attachment 312884
A touchscreen sensitive pen would work in the cold weather situation. That would certainly assist when you have gloves on and likely would be better than getting fingerprints and what not all over the screen.

As far as the ground clearance goes, this is the Japan market so you can't trust the ground clearance will be the same for the entire global market since the released car is the eboxer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was worried about buying a '22 thinking a refresh was just a few months away. Now I'm kinda glad I got mine when I did!

I just don't love the front end, sort of reminds me of the Predator's mandibles. "Get to the choppa!" And the loss of ground clearance sucks even if its an insignificant amount. The real killer is the loss of real knobs for the climate controls. I thought Subaru was all about drivers keeping their eyes on the road. That's a lot easier with some tactile feedback from your controls!

Now if they add a Wilderness version my opinion may change.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Outdoor - "Trekov"
148 Posts
Across the automotive industry, it seems to me that the offroad-warrior aesthetic is rapidly trending towards the ridiculous. And Subaru has apparently succumbed to this trend. Well ... it is all about global sales, isn't it?

At the rate things are going, the total weight of plastic and foam in these new generation Crosstreks will exceed that of the steel and aluminum. Well then, at least give me 3 plastic knobs for the climate control system and a plastic handgrip on a proper rachet-type, parking brake handle. Sheesh ...

But it does look like the Crosstrek design team did find a ROUND coffee cup to use as a mold plug for the center console rather than the twin D-shaped "useful-like-an-ashtray-on-a-motorbike" aberrations we currently have. My Crosstrek is a double D cup! Yowzah!:ROFLMAO:

The seat design cradling my sacrum sounds fun ... almost naughty.o_O

The new roof rail design absolutely sucks/licks/bites/chews. It does, however, have an afterthought, fab-shop, rugged type of look, if that's your thing. Seriously, for existing Crosstrek owners, I'd say it's dubious that your existing rooftop carrier/stowage apparatus will properly grab onto these new roof rails.

Those directional wheel designs that Subaru corporate is getting from Enkei are getting fuglier and fuglier.

I'm happy to stay stuck in 2021 ... as far as Crosstreks are concerned.

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited
2,514 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
According to torquenews.com

"Subaru says they will launch the next-generation 2024 Crosstrek in Japan in 2023 (or later) and then introduce the new subcompact SUV in the U.S. and other global markets. Customers in the U.S. may have to wait until 2024 to get their hands on the all-new Crosstrek subcompact SUV.

Look for the third-generation 2024 Subaru Crosstrek to make its U.S. reveal at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November."

That's a long ways off.

:nothome:

41 - 60 of 94 Posts