Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From the Subaru Japan Webpage...

"For the first time in SUBARU, we have developed and introduced an approach to driving based on human anatomy, which we have been promoting in collaboration with university medical schools. We have developed a seat that supports the pelvis with a structure that holds the sacrum in place, providing a comfortable ride even when the body is greatly shaken, making it possible to easily go on a long drive. We also paid attention to the comfort of sound. A high-damping mastic (elastic adhesive) with high vibration absorption and excellent damping properties is used between the roof panel and braces to improve sound convergence and further improve comfort."

To see more of that page... click on the link and then select 'English' from the box that should appear on the top right hand side of your screen. [Unless of course you can read Japanese!] The video is in Japanese with no English subtitles. [So I didn't learn very much from it - unfortunately]

Subaru Japan Website

:banana:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to the galaxyconcerns website... [Converted from metric for your convenience!]

"The new Crosstrek measures 176.37" long, 70.86" wide and 62.20" tall, riding on a 105.11" wheelbase. It's 0.59" longer overall, no wider, 1.18" taller and 0.19" longer in wheelbase than the outgoing model.

There鈥檚 7.87" of quoted ground clearance 鈥 0.78" less than the current model in Australia 鈥 while the car weighs 3395 lbs to 3571 lbs, depending on variant. Independent suspension features front and rear."

How reliable those numbers are - I don't know. [I converted them from metric]

And I find it hard to believe that Subaru would give it less ground clearance. UNLESS of course this hybrid only Japanese model doesn't have as much ground clearance. That could be. Those numbers are a bit confusing.

:)

Registered
According to the galaxyconcerns website... [Converted from metric for your convenience!]

"The new Crosstrek measures 176.37" long, 70.86" wide and 62.20" tall, riding on a 105.11" wheelbase. It's 0.59" longer overall, no wider, 1.18" taller and 0.19" longer in wheelbase than the outgoing model.

There鈥檚 7.87" of quoted ground clearance 鈥 0.78" less than the current model in Australia 鈥 while the car weighs 3395 lbs to 3571 lbs, depending on variant. Independent suspension features front and rear."

And I find it hard to believe that Subaru would give it less ground clearance. UNLESS of course this hybrid only Japanese model doesn't have as much ground clearance. That could be. Those numbers are a bit confusing.

Less ground clearance is one that I noticed from videoclip, so seems really true, it ride more like hatchback.
One good thing, they finally put the roof soundproofing

Registered
The 360 camera view looks cool, but moving the HVAC controls to the touchscreen is a giant step in the wrong direction
Yep. The three manual dials at the bottom of the center stack were a staple in Subarus. Evolution I guess. I was disappointed when the rather charming mechanical warning chime/bell was removed. And the middle cyclops light in the grill was no longer an option.

Registered

In Japan they no longer sell pure gasoline crosstrek with 2.0 liter engine, all are hybrid except the 1.6

Registered
I was concerned the new vehicle would stray too far from the past couple generations - but if anything this is a very, very evolutionary change from a design/packaging standpoint. If you liked the last 2 generations, you'll like this one it seems. The large infotainment screen was a given since it's gone across all of their vehicles during vehicle majors - my only complaint is the portrait orientation doesn't allow CarPlay/Androit Auto to take advantage of the height/size (at least for now, I believe). I'd rather see a landscape format - 10"+ and a few knobs/buttons - but again, not a surprise. I'd only consider the 2.5L (vs. the 2.0L). As a '19 Forester Touring owner, a Crosstrek has been in the lead for our 2nd car - until we went electric this summer. Give us desert khaki on a sport model, and my wife might make me sell the EV! Is this the same blue khaki exterior, or is it slightly different? That's been a nice color, but too many of them now.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts