Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
2023 Sport 6 Speed Crystal White Pearl
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The salesman that I dealt with at the Subaru dealership said...

They are now ordering 2024 Crosstreks.
It will come with the same engines - the 2.0 and the 2.5
The Sport model that I just bought will no longer be available.
The 'Outdoor' version [which is the 'Sport' in the US] will gain the 'Sport' features - like the moonroof.
And there will be no manual transmission. CVT only - no matter what Crosstrek you buy.

So it looks as though I really lucked out!

My gut tells me this has a credibility rating of 90%.

:cool:

· Registered
1 Posts

The 'Outdoor' version [which is the 'Sport' in the US] will gain the 'Sport' features - like the moonroof.
And there will be no manual transmission. CVT only - no matter what Crosstrek you buy.

Did they give a time frame for delivery of the 2024 ?
Also, where they able to quote a price ?

· Registered
2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT
152 Posts
I know of someone who had ordered a 2023 but was later told they’d missed the cutoff and their order had been changed to 2024.

Supposedly their 2024 is due to arrive in May.

· Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
425 Posts

Was there any mention of the ground clearance on the 2024 Crosstrek?

· Registered
2023 Sport 6 Speed Crystal White Pearl
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was there any mention of the ground clearance on the 2024 Crosstrek?
No. I forgot to ask him about that. Although I doubt he would know.
That said... I still find it hard to believe that Subaru would get rid of the one brag-worthy thing they've got.
The great ground clearance.
I'll guess we see soon enough.

· Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
1,191 Posts
I hope they maintain the baseline 8.7".. but wouldn't be surprised if they drop it by an inch. Will improve fuel economy, reduce the excessively large and somewhat unsightly dead cat space (the few lowered Crosstreks look - IMHO - better than stock ones), and give them some play to sell a "wilderness" / "improved Outdoor" model with an extra inch.

@Montanan - seems your wish has been granted..
https://www.reddit.com/r/Crosstrek/comments/10do051

· Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
1,191 Posts
The screenshot looks legitimate (it's a stillshot from a video). You can see the front-end of the new Crosstrek in the configuration screen. There's also something being sold with the new colour code on Subaru's website: Sun Blaze Pearl (Xax) J361SFN010A1 | Subaru Direct Parts. The part number has the same first 4 symbols, and the same price as other touch-up paints (J361), which would corroborate the claim.

Now whether it'll look nice orange, ugly orange, or like a spill of carrot puke, time will tell..

· Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
5,845 Posts
OK, I did some Googling, and found the Sun Blaze Pearl color being offered on the Australian version of the Crosstrek. I think I like it!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

BTW, the Subaru Australia website lists the next-generation Crosstrek as having 220mm of ground clearance, so the same as we have now. One less thing to worry about ...

· Registered
11 Posts
My dealership just called the other day regarding our Crosstrek order. We made it back in November and were told that it would be for a 2024. As they didn't have details about the 24s at the time it was made for a Plasma Yellow Outdoor trim. I have a 2022 Outback Wilderness and really like the Startex. I also want the 2.5L.

They said the Plasma Yellow is definitely discontinued but they're bringing back orange. Searching online I found an "orange" Crosstrek that looked more like a rendering than a photo - it was very similar to the orange/copper accent trim on the OBW; it would look great beside the OBW and with the black cladding... But I also see the 2024 Impreza with an orange that's too much like a pumpkin for my liking. I'm not opposed to flashy weird colours, I think the Plasma Yellow worked for the Crosstrek, but I'd want to see it in person before deciding. I opted for the press release Offshore Blue Metallic which looks more like grey to me, but seems like a safe choice. With already having a Geyser Blue OBW, the flat "Oasis Blue" that was also in press releases was too similar and not as nice of a blue.

In Canada the Outdoor trim is also being renamed Onyx, presumably to get in line with SOA's naming. No word about which options/features it will have or pricing change. I'm really hoping for the LED headlights as the ones on the OBW are amazing.

Expected delivery is still the same as we were told in November: May/June.

· Registered
2023 Pure Red Limited
137 Posts
OK, I did some Googling, and found the Sun Blaze Pearl color being offered on the Australian version of the Crosstrek. I think I like it!

View attachment 314777

BTW, the Subaru Australia website lists the next-generation Crosstrek as having 220mm of ground clearance, so the same as we have now. One less thing to worry about ...
Looks like the burnt orange on my buddy's Trailblazer. Great color
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

· Registered
1 Posts
I am on the waiting list here in Australia for the Crosstrek and they e-mailed me saying that it's available for pre-order. I then called a local dealership and they have said that demos will be available for test drives the week after Easter.

· Registered
11 Posts
Well, I found this video that has every colour except for the Sun Blaze Pearl and have opted out of the Offshore Blue Metallic; most of the press releases make it look a good bit darker than it appears in the video and it's just too close to the Cool Gray Khaki that my wife despises. It would probably be okay, but it's too big of a risk.

I think with the sharp black cladding and red taillights/accents it looks good in every colour. My wife is partial to the Magnitite Gray Metallic which is almost identical to her Tungsten Gray Equinox. I think it's the most boring colour, but with the new styling and black rims it'll at least appear to be a little aggressive.

Happy wife, happy life. At least I've got my beautiful Geyser Blue Outback Wilderness😉

· Registered
1 Posts
I just talked to a salesman in the USA and was told that MT6s and 2023 models will NOT be available for order after January 31st. He said each country has a specific allocation of cars and that Canada must have hit their limit before the US.

I am doing my best to put a deposit down and get my order on the books for a 2023 MT6 Premium Crystal White in the next day or so!! This is the end of an era. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts