Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·

·
Registered
2021 Limited OP 31
56 Posts
We've been discussing as if the next generation Crosstrek was expected for 2023 and was delayed, but this was actually Subaru's plan that was leaked almost 2 years ago.

@Zachavm on the Ascent Forums reminded me of Subaru's roadmap until 2024 that got leaked in 2020. This roadmap has proven itself so far.
Subaru Future Product Lineup Leaked Until 2024

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
393 Posts
We've been discussing as if the next generation Crosstrek was expected for 2023 and was delayed, but this was actually Subaru's plan that was leaked almost 2 years ago.

@Zachavm on the Ascent Forums reminded me of Subaru's roadmap until 2024 that got leaked in 2020. This roadmap has proven itself so far.
Subaru Future Product Lineup Leaked Until 2024
I remember seeing that and I guess I must be reading it wrong. Does it not show a new Crosstrek for "Early CY" (Calendar Year?) 2023 with the Crosstrek Wilderness Edition in the Spring of 2023? Am I interpreting it wrong? It wouldn't be the first time I'm confused! 😬

Of course, it also shows a new STI in the Fall of 2022 but they decided to cancel that one. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't like that my Canadian dealer didn't give me a VIN. Asked them (in May, so I understand they wouldn't have had it then) but they also wouldn't give it to me when they got it. Basically said to me, "no news is good news. We'll call you a week before you can pick it up!"

·
Registered
2023 Pure Red Limited
100 Posts
I remember seeing that and I guess I must be reading it wrong. Does it not show a new Crosstrek for "Early CY" (Calendar Year?) 2023 with the Crosstrek Wilderness Edition in the Spring of 2023? Am I interpreting it wrong? It wouldn't be the first time I'm confused! 😬

Of course, it also shows a new STI in the Fall of 2022 but they decided to cancel that one. 🤷‍♂️
I don't like that my Canadian dealer didn't give me a VIN. Asked them (in May, so I understand they wouldn't have had it then) but they also wouldn't give it to me when they got it. Basically said to me, "no news is good news. We'll call you a week before you can pick it up!"
I'm pretty sure VINs aren't created until the vehicles are in production. So if a deposit/order is made for a vehicle to be built (I did that too), you're getting in line for a car that hasn't begun to exist yet.
I got a VON (vehicle order number), but no VIN for mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
$550 more than the current 2022 if you include the $50 destination charge increase. They also increased the price of the 2022 models by $750 starting 4/26/22 (including $50 destination increase). That means the 2023 is $1300 more than the early 2022 models. Wow.
As someone who is potentially interested in buying a Crosstrek, I was a little shocked by the price increase too. But then I did some figures, and it's not that bad considering the broader rate of inflation. For a Premium CVT, for example, the increase is about $1300/$25,000, or a little over 5%. That seems justifiable, even if I don't like it.

The scarier thing is just how expensive ALL cars have become. Just 3 years ago, there were lots of reasonably equipped cars in the $16k-$18k range. Now there are none. Part of that is inflation, and part is the abandonment by nearly all manufacturers of small cars. Boo.

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
942 Posts
As someone who is potentially interested in buying a Crosstrek, I was a little shocked by the price increase too. But then I did some figures, and it's not that bad considering the broader rate of inflation. For a Premium CVT, for example, the increase is about $1300/$25,000, or a little over 5%. That seems justifiable, even if I don't like it.
IMHO, expect even a bigger jump next year. The ~1000$ figure was as much as they could pull without any changes to the model whatsoever. As MY 2024 will be a new model, it'll give Subaru an excuse for a much larger increase. .

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put a $500 deposit down for a 2023 Outdoor Crosstrek in Canada. MSRP Prices have been released and all trims remain the same for 2023. 2023 prices have gone up a little. The 2023 Outdoor was $1000 CAD more than the 2022 even though no changes have been made. I was told around 6 months wait. I’ve attached the Canadian prices.
Hi Flygirl!
In May, I ordered a 2022 Crosstrek Sport with a manual transmission and my dealer said that it will arrive in December and would most likely be a 2023 model. All the sites I visited (mainly US sites) stated that the 2023 Sport would only be available with an automatic transmission.
I saw your post on the specs for the 2023 Crosstrek and was wondering what your source was because last week I called my dealer and Subaru Canada and they said the specs weren’t available yet from Subaru. I couldn’t find Canadian specs online and was wondering if your information was from a verifiable source.
I’d be very happy if your information is correct because that means I’d get my Crosstrek as ordered.
I look forward to your reply!
Thank you

·
Registered
'22 Crosstrek Premium 6MT CGK
8 Posts
In May, I ordered a 2022 Crosstrek Sport with a manual transmission and my dealer said that it will arrive in December and would most likely be a 2023 model. All the sites I visited (mainly US sites) stated that the 2023 Sport would only be available with an automatic transmission.
The Sport model is very different in Canada vs. in the US. South of the border, the Sport comes with the larger 2.5L engine, which is only available with a CVT. Up North, the Sport has the 2.0L engine, and can be had with a manual.

Some of us 'yanks' are quite jealous that you can get a manual Crosstrek with sunroof, 8" display, and some other forbidden fruit up there.

Hope that puts your mind at ease that you most likely will indeed be able to get a 2023 Sport with manual in Canada.

Enjoy your car when it arrives - that's a long wait!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Sport model is very different in Canada vs. in the US. South of the border, the Sport comes with the larger 2.5L engine, which is only available with a CVT. Up North, the Sport has the 2.0L engine, and can be had with a manual.

Some of us 'yanks' are quite jealous that you can get a manual Crosstrek with sunroof, 8" display, and some other forbidden fruit up there.

Hope that puts your mind at ease that you most likely will indeed be able to get a 2023 Sport with manual in Canada.

Hi! Thanks for that information!You literally made my day!!!
My mind is at ease and now I’m getting more excited for my Crosstrek Sport to arrive! Although December is a long way away! I feel your pain about the different specs on the Sport. Maybe consider buying a Canadian model?!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
2021 Ice SIlver Sport
1,322 Posts

The Canadian version of the US Sport is the Outdoor model. And yes, jealous here too about the sunroof and other options being available with a manual in CA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Canadian version of the US Sport is the Outdoor model. And yes, jealous here too about the sunroof and other options being available with a manual in CA.
Subrubyroo, thanks for the info. I’m excited for my Sport 6MT to arrive! It really sucks that the US specs are so different. The sunroof and 8” screen is a nice package to have. I currently drive a 2017 Jeep Wrangler and it’s an absolute pig on gas which is the main reason I’m selling it. The Crosstrek has way more features/options than my Jeep, which has a lot.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
Hi! Thanks for that information!You literally made my day!!!
My mind is at ease and now I’m getting more excited for my Crosstrek Sport to arrive! Although December is a long way away! I feel your pain about the different specs on the Sport. Maybe consider buying a Canadian model?!
Thanks again!
Or moving to Canada. 😏

Reactions: jj709

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Plug-in Hybrid
1,107 Posts
Or moving to Canada. 😏
At this point, it might just be better to move to Canada. I was just in Europe for 2 weeks and it was so nice there, makes me want to just up and settle in Germany or Austria. Such beautiful countries and saw a few Crosstreks there!!

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
942 Posts
Subrubyroo, thanks for the info. I’m excited for my Sport 6MT to arrive! It really sucks that the US specs are so different. The sunroof and 8” screen is a nice package to have. I currently drive a 2017 Jeep Wrangler and it’s an absolute pig on gas which is the main reason I’m selling it. The Crosstrek has way more features/options than my Jeep, which has a lot.
You'll love it. I've tried both the 2.5 CVT as well as the 2.0 MT and, despite the lack of power, the "fun" factor was unbeatable - along with the premium details (LED SHRs, 8" infotainment, heated-everything, sunroof, etc). Mind you - it's really a personal choice. The 6MT doesn't have much for it besides the sheer pleasure of driving - for those who enjoy it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'll love it. I've tried both the 2.5 CVT as well as the 2.0 MT and, despite the lack of power, the "fun" factor was unbeatable - along with the premium details (LED SHRs, 8" infotainment, heated-everything, sunroof, etc). Mind you - it's really a personal choice. The 6MT doesn't have much for it besides the sheer pleasure of driving - for those who enjoy it.
I love driving manual transmission. It’s the only way to go. Way more fun! As for power, my Jeep is a brick and weighs a ton, so it’s not overly powerful. I don’t think i’ll notice any difference!

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
I love driving manual transmission. It’s the only way to go. Way more fun!
Same here! Unfortunately, MT's are increasingly hard to find. When I was shopping for the Crosstrek, I was resigned that I would probably have to get an automatic. But my dealership had one MT on the lot and I grabbed it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We are looking to upgrade our 2015 with a 2023 model. When we purchased the '15, we got a good amount off of MSRP. Obviously, with all the production issues in'22, I completely understand the lack of discounts at the dealer. Are dealers offering any discounts on factory orders?
Thanks,
Jim

61 - 80 of 86 Posts