Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been an Ambassador for 5 years and have sold about 35 vehicles. A friend wants to new Crosstrek so I contacted my local Sales manager. We have a very good relationship. He said that order for th 2022's are now closed and ordering for a the 2023 will start very shortly. He says they are planning for September deliveries and, most importantly, they WILL be a next gen model.

·
Registered
2022 Crosstrek Premium CVT
58 Posts
Any word as to when Subaru will release the details of the 2023? I've read a few forum users have already put down deposits for 2023's, which seems odd as there is no info about them yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am one of those who put down $500 deposit to be on "the list". It's refundable if I don't like the 2023. Sales person said they would start arriving in August, but didn't have any other details. Being a bit pessimistic, I'm getting my hopes up for it arriving in September or October. With the demand and chip shortage, I won't be disappointed if it comes in November either. After that... Well, i predict my current car will be making me nervous.

I assume "the list" is just the order that the dealer will order cars based on allotment given to them. From what the sales person said, I assume he going on a (standard?) Initial allotment, and I am close enough to the top of the list to be in the first allotment.

P.s. spy shots of the 2023 look great, and the renderings look even better. I hope Subaru tries to keep the Crosstreks most reliable in class status, but I know buying the fist year of a redesign can have it's problems...

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
942 Posts
P.s. spy shots of the 2023 look great, and the renderings look even better. I hope Subaru tries to keep the Crosstreks most reliable in class status, but I know buying the fist year of a redesign can have it's problems...
Depend on the engine choice. If they keep the FB20/25, all good, they've become solid and trouble-free workhorses. Rumours were circulating about the implementation of the CB16/CB18 turbo blenders. If that's the case, hello for fuel economy, but reliability might indeed be tak an (initial) hit. The other unknown is whether they'll keep or drop the 6MT. Low sales, additional production costs and the lack of Eyesight point towards its demise. As for the interior, it will most likely be a copy of the Legacy's, with an 11" screen and getting rid of physical HVAC buttons. We'll know in a few months!

·
Registered
2023 crosstrek limited
81 Posts
I ordered a 2023 crosstrek may 26,Today i received a e-mail from subaru and they received the dealers order for my crosstrek limited and are working to get it to me as soon as possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered a 2023 crosstrek may 26,Today i received a e-mail from subaru and they received the dealers order for my crosstrek limited and are working to get it to me as soon as possible.
I assume you don't have any pricing or additional details on the 2023 yet?

What did you order - did you just spec an equivalent 2022 and dealer will submit the closest build for MY2023?

Did you agree to a 'price' with the dealer on the 2023? eg. MSRP - rebates at delivery, or a 'market adjustment'?

·
Registered
'22 Crosstrek Premium 6MT CGK
8 Posts
Where does Subaru conduct cold weather / hot weather / high altitude testing of their vehicles? If the 2023 model is truly a complete redesign with new powertrains, I would expect to see more test mules going through testing and tuning than the few spy shots that have surfaced so far.

Having said that, I just purchased a 2022 to be safe, in case the manual transmission is dropped entirely for 2023. That "last call" rumor has been going on for years, but one of these days it will actually come true...

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
I just purchased a 2022 to be safe, in case the manual transmission is dropped entirely for 2023. That "last call" rumor has been going on for years, but one of these days it will actually come true...
Welcome fellow 6MT driver! 👍 We're a dying breed. Good choice to do what you did.

What does CGK mean?

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
1,396 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

I wish CGK stood for something fun like "Clutch-equipped Go Kart" or "Car Goes Kwik," but it's just an acronym for the color... Cool Gray Khaki
🤣

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek Premium, auto
136 Posts
I have an appointment to order a 2023 on Monday. Hopefully, it's hassle free (same dealer I bought my '18 from and they were good to deal with then).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just ordered a 2023 yesterday 6/3/22 they said it should be coming September… they sent me an email that also shows the projected delivery to be September… kinda unbelievable for a car that hasn’t even been unveiled… I ordered a premium khaki grey with manual tranny… rumors online say maybe the 2.0 won’t me available anymore, and possibly the 6 speed won’t be either so it will be really interesting to see what I actually get… fingers crossed it’s a 1.5 turbo or 2.5 liter with the manual … I’ll update as soon as I know, and im following this thread so please post if you find any secret info or a unveiling happens .

·
Registered
2023 crosstrek limited
81 Posts
I was told september also. I wish I could build one on their web site,with the accessories i want.You would think all this stuff would be up to date.to do this stuff.Probably going to hurt there sales when people can find out how much the vehicle they want costs.

·
Registered
On Waitlist 2023 Crosstrek, Outdoor, PYP
5 Posts
I just put a $500 deposit down for a 2023 Outdoor Crosstrek in Canada. MSRP Prices have been released and all trims remain the same for 2023. 2023 prices have gone up a little. The 2023 Outdoor was $1000 CAD more than the 2022 even though no changes have been made. I was told around 6 months wait. I’ve attached the Canadian prices.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Canadian Sport trim (6MT // 2.0 )
942 Posts
@Flygirl - interesting, thank you. It's the first evidence that subaru keeps the same Crosstrek model for 2023, which isn't at all what we expected. Likely due to the endless delays in manufacturing (also, they had a sensor problem with the CB18 engine lately). A 1000$ jump in the price isn't surprising though given the inflation, though I expect the subsequent model to hop by another 1-2k$.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just put a $500 deposit down for a 2023 Outdoor Crosstrek in Canada. MSRP Prices have been released and all trims remain the same for 2023. 2023 prices have gone up a little. The 2023 Outdoor was $1000 CAD more than the 2022 even though no changes have been made. I was told around 6 months wait. I’ve attached the Canadian prices. View attachment 311415
Ohh they are making the Crosstrek in the Dark Blue Pearl.... have that color in Forester Sport...

·
Registered
On Waitlist 2023 Crosstrek, Outdoor, PYP
5 Posts
@Flygirl - interesting, thank you. It's the first evidence that subaru keeps the same Crosstrek model for 2023, which isn't at all what we expected. Likely due to the endless delays in manufacturing (also, they had a sensor problem with the CB18 engine lately). A 1000$ jump in the price isn't surprising though given the inflation, though I expect the subsequent model to hop by another 1-2k$.
I’m not surprised about it staying the saying and the little bit of inflation. It made sense when the dealer told me 4 to 6 months for 2023, when people are still waiting for their 2022.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts