Registered
Subaru XV MY2019 Quartz blue pearl 1.6 CVT Style - Italy
83 Posts
Good

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Placed an order for a 2021 Silver Limited, it will be here in 8-10 weeks (this is the second mont's allocation for my dealer, first month's allocation is already sold out). In Canada. My salesman will call me when they get their first 2.5L Crosstrek in so that I can test drive it I'll be sure to come back here to give impressions versus my wife's 2020.
Nice! Wish US would get up to speed with the 21

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,282 Posts
Going to ask at my dealer tomorrow when I go in for my 30,000 scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice! Wish US would get up to speed with the 21
I'd assume the US side of the business will be updated in the next few days, I know manufacturer web/build and price sites are usually updated at the beginning of the month here in Canada, though the 2021 Crosstrek specific site was updated on July 10th-ish, which was odd.

Having driven the 2019+ forester and initially (erroneously) thinking it was a turbo engine, I'm pretty excited to see how that engine will do in the crosstrek which is about 200lbs lighter.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
Just got a newsletter email from them. The link to the 2021 Crosstrek goes to the US site and a page for the '21 but it's not there when you click Build and Price...

Reactions: Ajwmoore95

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
351 Posts
It took them a long time to show the build and price for the '20 too, so I'm not expecting it until later in the year. They might be concerned that it will slow sales of the 2.0 if people decide to wait. Honestly, I might have waited if I had known.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,886 Posts
It took them a long time to show the build and price for the '20 too, so I'm not expecting it until later in the year. They might be concerned that it will slow sales of the 2.0 if people decide to wait. Honestly, I might have waited if I had known.
Yeah, but what's odd is that they are promoting it so pretty much anyone in the market for a Crosstrek right now is going to know it's on the way and will wait if they want the 2.5l. Plus you can build and order in Canada.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I'd assume the US side of the business will be updated in the next few days, I know manufacturer web/build and price sites are usually updated at the beginning of the month here in Canada, though the 2021 Crosstrek specific site was updated on July 10th-ish, which was odd.

Having driven the 2019+ forester and initially (erroneously) thinking it was a turbo engine, I'm pretty excited to see how that engine will do in the crosstrek which is about 200lbs lighter.
Hopefully! Are you looking into a 21?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
It kind of looks like the new 21’ grill design was built off of what the 2009 outback grill looked like. Just an observation

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sweet! Do you currently have an older crosstrek?
No I've been interested in the car for some time but each time I drove it, it was just too slow for me. I've had mostly sports cars/sedans throughout the years and while I don't need 400hp to have fun, the 2.0 engine just didn't cut it. I switched to larger SUVs for my last 2 cars as I thought I needed the space (2 kids under 4), but realized that 99% of the time I don't use half of the cargo space so a Thule roof box will do when needed. Ground clearance is a must since I take some pretty bad/rocky logging roads when I go camping. I also realize even modern SUVs handle like...SUVs. So a raised hatchback like the Crosstrek would have been perfect, save for the inadequate engine (IMO).

When I found out the Crosstrek was getting the 2.5 for 2021 MY it became a real contender. I had driven the '19+ Forester with the 2.5 and it was quick enough that I wondered if it had a turbo engine during the test drive (I hadn't looked it up before). So the Crosstrek being 200lbs lighter should be on par or better.

My wife was looking for a new car earlier this summer and after test driving a few, she chose the '20 Crosstrek. I've had a month long test drive so to speak and I really love the car, so I put in my order last week for a Limited. I'll also be able to compare both cars when I test drive the 2.5 for the first time and more thoroughly when my car is broken in. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
No I've been interested in the car for some time but each time I drove it, it was just too slow for me. I've had mostly sports cars/sedans throughout the years and while I don't need 400hp to have fun, the 2.0 engine just didn't cut it. I switched to larger SUVs for my last 2 cars as I thought I needed the space (2 kids under 4), but realized that 99% of the time I don't use half of the cargo space so a Thule roof box will do when needed. Ground clearance is a must since I take some pretty bad/rocky logging roads when I go camping. I also realize even modern SUVs handle like...SUVs. So a raised hatchback like the Crosstrek would have been perfect, save for the inadequate engine (IMO).

When I found out the Crosstrek was getting the 2.5 for 2021 MY it became a real contender. I had driven the '19+ Forester with the 2.5 and it was quick enough that I wondered if it had a turbo engine during the test drive (I hadn't looked it up before). So the Crosstrek being 200lbs lighter should be on par or better.

My wife was looking for a new car earlier this summer and after test driving a few, she chose the '20 Crosstrek. I've had a month long test drive so to speak and I really love the car, so I put in my order last week for a Limited. I'll also be able to compare both cars when I test drive the 2.5 for the first time and more thoroughly when my car is broken in. Looking forward to it!
Sounds like a good move. The crosstrek is a versatile, smart vehicle. What color will you be getting?

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,282 Posts
I am at my dealer now and they say the 2021 Crosstrek can be ordered in the USA. They also said they will be in the showrooms and lots in two weeks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Silver! I almost went with CGK but it's almost baby/powder blue in a lot of lighting conditions and I just can't handle that lol
Nice choice. Dont see a lot of silver crosstreks. I like CGK, but I can’t decide between that and MGM

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I am at my dealer now and they say the 2021 Crosstrek can be ordered in the USA. They also said they will be in the showrooms and lots in two weeks.
I see you have a 2017 as well. Or you planning on keeping it? Or are you looking into the 21 as well?

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,282 Posts
No. Will keep my '17 for many years. I was asking the dealer because I am a Subaru Ambassador and people have been asking when they could begin ordering the '21 in the US.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts