Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium
440 Posts
Subaru gave me the option to extend my lease another six months. Instead of ending tomorrow, I now have until January 7, 2021. This gives me the opportunity turn in my Crosstrek and consider getting into a 2021 Sport model.

My only concern is that it is the first model year for the 2.5 engine in the Crosstrek. Do you all think there might be first year issues with the 2.5 setup? I know the rest of the vehicle will be on its fourth year, so most of, if not all other bugs are already worked out. Just wondering what teething problems there might possibly be with a new to the Crosstrek engine? Really, I can't think of any, but who knows...?
The drive train is the only thing changing and it has been offered in the Forester. I wouldn't worry about that.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I just wonder if the bump in HP/giddy-up would be enough to justify trading my '18. I have no complaints on mine including the HP which is totally adequate IMHO. So for me it probably wouldn't be worth it. But it's always fun to periodically bask in the new car smell and the new whiz-bang gadgets/electronics.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I just wonder if the bump in HP/giddy-up would be enough to justify trading my '18. I have no complaints on mine including the HP which is totally adequate IMHO. So for me it probably wouldn't be worth it. But it's always fun to periodically bask in the new car smell and the new whiz-bang gadgets/electronics.
How many miles do you have on your 18? I have a 17 with 95k. Do you think it would be justifiable to trade or sell for the 21?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,231 Posts
How many miles do you have on your 18? I have a 17 with 95k. Do you think it would be justifiable to trade or sell for the 21?
It would be a bigger step up from a '17 because '18 was the first year of the new gen and there were a lot of improvements.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
It would be a bigger step up from a '17 because '18 was the first year of the new gen and there were a lot of improvements.
Very true AstroKats. When the 21 comes out this fall, would it be wise to try and trade or sell then? Or Is it better to wait. I’ve heard the 2023 XV will be a redesign like the 18. Thought about even driving the 17 until I see what 2023 XV bring, but I just am weary of doing that because I don’t want the transmission to go on me and then I have no trade or sell value

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,231 Posts
Very true AstroKats. When the 21 comes out this fall, would it be wise to try and trade or sell then? Or Is it better to wait. I’ve heard the 2023 XV will be a redesign like the 18. Thought about even driving the 17 until I see what 2023 XV bring, but I just am weary of doing that because I don’t want the transmission to go on me and then I have no trade or sell value
It's such a personal choice. We keep our cars a long time. The last one (Honda Accord) to nearly 200K. You'll get a better deal on the '21 if you wait until the end of the year, rather than when they first come out.

Reactions: Ajwmoore95

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It's such a personal choice. We keep our cars a long time. The last one (Honda Accord) to nearly 200K. You'll get a better deal on the '21 if you wait until the end of the year, rather than when they first come out.
Very true. I just have no idea when the transmissions go in crosstrek, and that’s why I would want to do it sooner than later, but it must be done with wisdom. Thank you

·
Registered
758 Posts
Got me thinking now. Will the new 2.5 engine be too much power for the Crosstrek CVT?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,082 Posts
That same 2.5L engine has been in the Forester since 2019 so any first year issues are already history.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I wanted to post these pics here for you guys to see the 2021 Crosstrek at different angles. I went through the video Subaru posted and took snaps of what I thought were moments that captured and complimented the Sport at its best. Enjoy!

41 - 60 of 126 Posts