Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Also not sure if like way the doors have two creases creating a triangle shaped depression.
Yes there's a Mazda dealership I drive by on my work run and and as I drove past I thought "Why would they park a damaged one on the prime spot?" Oh, wait ...
The panel creases and contours are so deep I honestly thought someone had T-boned it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That’s a good and responsible thought process. How many miles you have on yours? I have a 17 but already have 91k on her.
We actually have two Crosstreks, a special red 2017 (hers) and an orange 2015 (mine). The 2017 has 51K miles and my 2015 has 36K miles. My Goldwing gets more miles than my XV does, LOL!

Reactions: Ajwmoore95

·
Registered
513 Posts
Finally the 2.5 is matched with 18 in inch wheel and 2.0 go back to 17 inch wheel, so for 2018 changing to lower profile wheel will help with power and economy with slight comfort sacrifice. The 2021 additiional virtual gear helps to bring better mpg.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Still no dual climate control, sigh...
Word has it no heated steering wheel offered in the US models either.

My wife's new Rouge has a heated steering wheel and it's super appreciated on those cold winter days! Just like heated seats and a host of other options, a heated steering wheel is quickly becoming a must have feature in any new daily driver that I purchase going forward.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Word has it no heated steering wheel offered in the US models either.

My wife's new Rouge has a heated steering wheel and it's super appreciated on those cold winter days! Just like heated seats and a host of other options, a heated steering wheel is quickly becoming a must have feature in any new daily driver that I purchase going forward.
Three winters with the current car and I've only turned the heated seat on once, just to see if it worked. Even on mornings when the temperature drops to 0 F it never occurs to me to turn it on. However, I can't count how many mornings from November through March I've wished for a heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah finally with 8 step cvt they address highway mileage with 2.5 engine, to have more torque at low rpm that enable more cruising economy. Current crosstrek is unable to go on 7th, most likely 6th for highway cruising when there is any slightest slope. Probably subaru save cost just transfer the whole forester powertrain to the crosstrek.

·
Registered
885 Posts
More cosmetic Fugly additions than anything worth buying...HP is good...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Curious why Subaru did away with the chrome accents around fogs and grill? I know it was fake chrome but it spiced up the front end a little. Not a fan of the increasing, raw plastic look on the front.

Reactions: XVerse

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Sport, Sunshine Orange
62 Posts
Curious why Subaru did away with the chrome accents around fogs and grill? I know it was fake chrome but it spiced up the front end a little. Not a fan of the increasing, raw plastic look on the front.
I’m actually happy they didn’t Chrome out the car. In Canada, the Limited model comes with a chrome grill (instead of the silver winglets), Chrome door trim and chrome door handles. It was one of the reasons why I didn’t want to buy a Limited. I much prefer a matte or blacked out look. I agree the increase in body cladding looks odd, but I’d take it over the chrome accents of the previous generation. To me chrome just takes away from the sportiness or rugged persona of the Crosstrek. That’s just my personal preference though. I’m sure there are plenty of people that like the chrome.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I’m actually happy they didn’t Chrome out the car. In Canada, the Limited model comes with a chrome grill (instead of the silver winglets), Chrome door trim and chrome door handles. It was one of the reasons why I didn’t want to buy a Limited. I much prefer a matte or blacked out look. I agree the increase in body cladding looks odd, but I’d take it over the chrome accents of the previous generation. To me chrome just takes away from the sportiness or rugged persona of the Crosstrek. That’s just my personal preference though. I’m sure there are plenty of people that like the chrome.
It certainly makes it more rugged. I love it!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Subaru dealership told me that just today they were told by corporate that the 2021 crosstrek will be at there dealership this August

·
Registered
142 Posts
It says that on the Subaru Canada web site too.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Subaru gave me the option to extend my lease another six months. Instead of ending tomorrow, I now have until January 7, 2021. This gives me the opportunity turn in my Crosstrek and consider getting into a 2021 Sport model.

My only concern is that it is the first model year for the 2.5 engine in the Crosstrek. Do you all think there might be first year issues with the 2.5 setup? I know the rest of the vehicle will be on its fourth year, so most of, if not all other bugs are already worked out. Just wondering what teething problems there might possibly be with a new to the Crosstrek engine? Really, I can't think of any, but who knows...?

21 - 40 of 126 Posts