Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has seen a detailed comparison. I can see from pictures that the Sport's fenders go higher up the body. Are they wider too? Just wondering if anyone's seen a detailed comparison between the two.

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I officially have fender envy. The Sport fenders look wider.
Check out the 0:56 mark in this video:

·
Registered
38 Posts
The actual sheet metal is the same. The fender flares are what is different.

*Turns out part numbers are different for the fender itself. Every photo I can find from the same angle, the fender looks the same. So maybe different holes for the sport fender flares?

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the flares are what I'm referring to. The flares for Sport appear to be wider, covering slightly more of the tire. Based on your post, I'm assuming I can't simply swap mine for the Sport model flares.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an Outdoor (Sport) and it appears the front bumper is one piece, including the fog light surrounds. Can I not be concerned about those falling off on this model?

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have an Outdoor (Sport) and it appears the front bumper is one piece, including the fog light surrounds. Can I not be concerned about those falling off on this model?
Pretty sure there are separate parts (courtesy of subaruonlineparts.com)

Front Bumper Bumper Face F Xuvrgd 57704FL040 | Subaru Online Parts Store
Left Fog Lamp Opening - Cover Fog F Xv Rlh 57731FL890 | Subaru Online Parts Store
Right Fog Lamp Opening - Cover Fog F Xv Rrh 57731FL880 | Subaru Online Parts Store
Lower Grille - Cover Int F Xuv 57731FL970 | Subaru Online Parts Store
Upper Grille - Grille Assembly F Xv Eub 91121FL540 | Subaru Online Parts Store

Front Tow Eye cap - Cover Hook F Xuv 57731FL750 | Subaru Online Parts Store
Rear Tow Eye cap (unpainted) - 2018-2019 Subaru Crosstrek Tow Eye Cap 57731FL570NN | Subaru Online Parts Store

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes the flares are what I'm referring to. The flares for Sport appear to be wider, covering slightly more of the tire. Based on your post, I'm assuming I can't simply swap mine for the Sport model flares.
You can probably put sport fender flares on a non-sport model. However, the flare won't line up with the unpainted part of the bumper. The flares line up specifically with the Sport bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the bumper itself is fully painted. The plastic flares are stuck on with pins and double sided tape.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think the bumper itself is fully painted. The plastic flares are stuck on with pins and double sided tape.
The black sections on the front bumper are molded into the bumper itself except for the fog lamp surrounds. Those are separate parts. In production, the textured black areas are masked off when the bumper is painted. I know it sounds counterproductive but that is definitely the truth.

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The black sections on the front bumper are molded into the bumper itself except for the fog lamp surrounds. Those are separate parts. In production, the textured black areas are masked off when the bumper is painted. I know it sounds counterproductive but that is definitely the truth.
wow. the more you know..... thanks.

·
Registered
2021 CWP XV Ltd.
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The actual sheet metal is the same. The fender flares are what is different.

*Turns out part numbers are different for the fender itself. Every photo I can find from the same angle, the fender looks the same. So maybe different holes for the sport fender flares?
Where did you get the information on the fender part numbers? From what I researched, the part numbers for the fenders are exactly the same for the Limited and the Sport.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Where did you get the information on the fender part numbers? From what I researched, the part numbers for the fenders are exactly the same for the Limited and the Sport.
Ok so it turns out for the 2021 Sport, the part number for the left fender is 57120FL1109P. This part number also fits the Limited. However, the parts database indicates that it will not fit on the Premium. The part number for the Premium left fender is 57120FL0709P.

The part number for the left fender flare on the Sport is 91112FL220. This part does not fit the Limited, as the left fender flare for the Limited is part number 91112FL130. That same part number is used on the Premium.

Not sure what's going on, but it may be that the sheet metal part has a different designation based on engine size as the Limited/Sport use the same fender. But the fact that the Premium/Limited fender flare fits on both 57120FL1109P and 57120FL0709P tells me that there would be no problem putting Sport fender flares on a Premium or Limited. The only problem would be where the Sport flares meet the Premium/Limited front bumper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts