Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I did that, but I don't see anything about a timeframe.
This is what i get when im logged in and click on the mysubaru logo in the top left as long as I have that car selected ( not my current 2016)

Order Status
We estimate that your Subaru should arrive at your retailer Last week of July 2021. In the meantime, you'll be able to use this MySubaru site to stay updated on the progress on your order. If you have any questions, please contact "dealer here" and reference your Vehicle Identification Number:
Status
01-Jul-21
Welcome to the Subaru Family!
We have received your order from A & T Subaru for your new Crosstrek. We estimate that your Subaru should arrive at your retailer Last week of July 2021.
02-Jul-21
Your Subaru is coming to life!
Your new Crosstrek is moving through our quality control process at our zero-landfill plant. Our experts are checking out your vehicle to ensure it meets the highest standards.
You will have access to additional MySubaru features after you pick up your vehicle from A & T Subaru.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
This is what I get:
Weird, yeah i'm out of ideas there. Basically you arent missing much though. I think it really only tells you the 2 things i did then maybe when its on the truck to your dealer. It's definitely not a track and trace like UPS or something thats for sure. I've just narrowed down the company Subaru uses for shipping to a few ships in the time frame that hit Baltimore. Probably way more OCD than I need to be but logistics interests me so why not haha

·
Registered
60 Posts
Weird, yeah i'm out of ideas there. Basically you arent missing much though. I think it really only tells you the 2 things i did then maybe when its on the truck to your dealer. It's definitely not a track and trace like UPS or something thats for sure. I've just narrowed down the company Subaru uses for shipping to a few ships in the time frame that hit Baltimore. Probably way more OCD than I need to be but logistics interests me so why not haha
I'd like to do that too. How do you know what company they use? Where do you go to see theses ships?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I'd like to do that too. How do you know what company they use? Where do you go to see theses ships?
This is where the OCD part came in. I found this gem on "how the process works", yes its from 2015 but i figured hey it cant be that much different or to tons of different companies. That being said i think WWL Americas is still one of the bigger ones in baltimore's port, so looked up who they were and they own their own RoRo ships so figured hey maybe they do the shipping too plus the port side stuff.

Marinetraffic.com is what I use to look at where they are in transit ( it wont be current unless they are close to coastal areas). You can search by ship name, so i do that, if it says RoRo carrier or vehicle carrier, thats it.

RoRo vessel schedules and routes - Wallenius Wilhelmsen I'd look up departing Yokohama, arriving Tacoma in your case ( think you said Portland OR...so i figured Tacoma). Pick some rando dates 2 weeks either side of your ETA and see what pops up. I got the Tombarra and Talisman, arrival 8th and 9th ish for Tacoma. It'd be weird if it went to Long Beach i figured.

This is all hypothetical kind of stuff, I may be 100% off base with the entire thing but its neat to look at anyways.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just called Subaru to see if there is something that can be done for me to use the MySubaru website to keep track of the status of my order. She told me she has never heard of anyone being able to do that on that website and didn't think it was even possible. She was curious as to what website "those guys" were using for that purpose. LOL I told her it was the MySubaru one and she didn't believe me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I just called Subaru to see if there is something that can be done for me to use the MySubaru website to keep track of the status of my order. She told me she has never heard of anyone being able to do that on that website and didn't think it was even possible. She was curious as to what website "those guys" were using for that purpose. LOL I told her it was the MySubaru one and she didn't believe me.
Hahah SoA's own email says to sign up for mysubaru with your VIN to keep up to date, even though they'd email ya on important stuff. There's still no like real tracking of sorts though....

·
Registered
'21 Crosstrek Premium, '21 Outback Premium
8 Posts
Just got a call from the dealer. Our Crosstrek is expected at the port this Friday and is expected at the dealer on August 3. I was also given the VIN.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Just got a call from the dealer. Our Crosstrek is expected at the port this Friday and is expected at the dealer on August 3. I was also given the VIN.
We're probably on the same ship then. Mine should be there the 2nd or so they said and I'm over here in Eastern PA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah most likely the same ship. We are in South Jersey but the dealer is in Delaware.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yeah most likely the same ship. We are in South Jersey but the dealer is in Delaware.
Say hi to maybe our Crosstreks. hahaha. I happened to be around tonight and was lookin up if the thing left Savannah and happened to find a cam just down the water from where it docked. Next stop Newport News....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Say hi to maybe our Crosstreks. hahaha. I happened to be around tonight and was lookin up if the thing left Savannah and happened to find a cam just down the water from where it docked. Next stop Newport News....
View attachment 306833
I got a call from the dealer on Saturday (7/24) that our Crosstrek arrived and that we can pick it up. Due to logistics I won't get into, we are picking it up on Monday, August 2.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I got a call from the dealer on Saturday (7/24) that our Crosstrek arrived and that we can pick it up. Due to logistics I won't get into, we are picking it up on Monday, August 2.
Yup I got an email from my guy saying itd be there sooner than later on Saturday and then another this Monday 7/26 that its there. Picking it up on Saturday 7/31.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts