Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not new to Crosstreks by any means, currently have a 2016 Limited that is going to my wife for a commuter car and I'm getting a 2021 Sport in Magnetite Gray with the Moonroof and popular package 3 packages. No stranger to other subarus either, still have an 03 WRX as well and owned a Legacy in the past.

After sitting here and figuring that I really didn't need what the Limited has since my current 2016 Limited didn't have any of the new things the 2021's have I went for the Sport.

I ordered it thru A&T Subaru here in Eastern PA on June 29th. Got the order email from SOA on July 1st and a VIN # on July 2nd. Says it's due Late July. Anyone had any success figuring out what ship yours is on? I have my guesses since I know they roll into Baltimore MD but the dealer won't give me much more than late July and MySubaru says the same. Has yours been earlier than their estimates or spot on?

Apparently mine was one they dealer swapped before it even came in to a dealer so I figure it's still in transit on the ocean. They gave me a few bucks off even in the current situation so I can't really complain at all at the end of it. Looking forward to getting it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I ordered it thru A&T Subaru here in Eastern PA on June 29th. Got the order email from SOA on July 1st and a VIN # on July 2nd. Says it's due Late July.
I just ordered my Limited on June 21st....my first Subaru I didn't get any email from SOA or a VIN number. What should I ask from the dealer in order to get these things? He says it's going to be a August delivery.

thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the order was placed I would figure you would've got an email with a VON Vehicle Order # at least. It may be yours hasn't even been produced yet or isn't even on the line yet so maybe why you don't have a VIN.

I'd check and make sure they ordered it and get that VON # at least, then it's official, whether it's an in transit one or one not even off the factory floor in Japan.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I ordered it thru A&T Subaru here in Eastern PA on June 29th. Got the order email from SOA on July 1st and a VIN # on July 2nd. Says it's due Late July. Anyone had any success figuring out what ship yours is on? I have my guesses since I know they roll into Baltimore MD but the dealer won't give me much more than late July and MySubaru says the same. Has yours been earlier than their estimates or spot on?

Apparently mine was one they dealer swapped before it even came in to a dealer so I figure it's still in transit on the ocean. They gave me a few bucks off even in the current situation so I can't really complain at all at the end of it. Looking forward to getting it!
Congrads! Just went through the same thing. You will get an email l that says "Your new Subaru is about to head your way". That is when your car is getting ready to leave port and head to the dealer. From that email, mine took 8 days. I'm on the opposite end of the state so mine came through Baltimore also. Was about 1 week later than the original email with the aprox arrival date. Mine said the end of June, came in on July 3rd.

The Sport seats are really nice, they actually look great! In fact everything inside is light years nicer than my '14 premium. You're going to love it!

I sent you a PM.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just ordered my Limited on June 21st....my first Subaru I didn't get any email from SOA or a VIN number. What should I ask from the dealer in order to get these things? He says it's going to be a August delivery.

thanks.
There is a plant shutdown in July due to the chip shortage so that may prolong your delivery a bit. My previous car was built in July and delivered to me in late October. Your order just depends on how the dealer is handling it. A lot of times they already have a similar car in the pipeline that they can customize to your liking at the port so that car would come faster. On the one I just bought, I found one in transit so it was already built with a VIN. The dealer surely ought to be able to enlighten you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd check and make sure they ordered it and get that VON # at least, then it's official, whether it's an in transit one or one not even off the factory floor in Japan

I do have a VON. The dealer sent me that via snail mail. On the VON sheet it states an estimated delivery date of 8/21.

I am pretty sure mine will be a true build to order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do have a VON. The dealer sent me that via snail mail. On the VON sheet it states an estimated delivery date of 8/21.

I am pretty sure mine will be a true build to order.
Then you will likely get a VIN once it's already on the line or coming off it. I don't think mine or subyrubyroo's were ones from the line at all, more like In transit on a boat already that we just picked up that way. I'm fine with that tho I'd say you should look for that VIN maybe near the end of July? Think it's like 30ish days in transit for most ships since they call like 8 ports plus it depends where yours is going to get offloaded at too.

·
Registered
2021 ISM Crosstrek Ltd
183 Posts
My ordered Subys usually take 3 months. Then I wait, but kinda forget about it.

I used to obsess, checking shipping, looking for VIN or updates. But I found it best to just enjoy what I am driving and let the process take care of itself. It's done. It'll be here.

This last one, my '21, was a fluke... I knew what I wanted and lo and behold it was on the lot! Right color. Right everything I wanted, right there, amazing.

Drove it home. :)

You're lucky.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My ordered Subys usually take 3 months. Then I wait, but kinda forget about it.

I used to obsess, checking shipping, looking for VIN or updates. But I found it best to just enjoy what I am driving and let the process take care of itself. It's done. It'll be here.

This last one, my '21, was a fluke... I knew what I wanted and lo and behold it was on the lot! Right color. Right everything I wanted, right there, amazing.

Drove it home. :)

You're lucky.
Wow! Yeah couldn't find the one I wanted within like 4 hrs sitting on a lot so just bit the bullet and told em to find me one or order it and they found one in the pipeline already so we will see in late July.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
out of curiousity what are you guys who have ordered a sport paying?
Little less than 1K below MSRP....was the best I could get out of them which considering alot of other spots I saw were doing MSRP or nothing, I'll take it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had an additional add on with the moonroof package too so I'm right at 31000 out the door with taxes and stuff if I remember right, not looking at the paper right now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
FYI - most of the options are installed at the port not at the factory, except items like sunroof, radio upgrade, safety options and.. .. I was able to track my last two Crosstreks on the ship. In both cases my dealer traded with another dealer for my car while it was on route from Japan. I knew the port that Subaru uses in Japan and about when it was due at the port in RI. Using some websites online I found a ship that left the correct port and was in due in RI at about the correct date.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FYI - most of the options are installed at the port not at the factory, except items like sunroof, radio upgrade, safety options and.. .. I was able to track my last two Crosstreks on the ship. In both cases my dealer traded with another dealer for my car while it was on route from Japan. I knew the port that Subaru uses in Japan and about when it was due at the port in RI. Using some websites online I found a ship that left the correct port and was in due in RI at about the correct date.
Least I know im not the only one looking at ships! I've nailed it down to 2 that may be it. You must be on the Northeast side who gets theirs specifically from Davisville RI. Pretty sure PA doesnt touch that and gets them from Baltimore.

·
Registered
607 Posts
FYI - most of the options are installed at the port not at the factory, except items like sunroof, radio upgrade, safety options and.. ..
Or you can do like I did and install them your self and save some money. That is if you like to do those kinds of things. Just finished with the body side moldings and window deflectors. Got the Rocker Fosgate kit, splash guards, and a few other things left to do. Thanks to Erader posting pictures, I'm looking at the Falken tires too, lol!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Least I know im not the only one looking at ships! I've nailed it down to 2 that may be it. You must be on the Northeast side who gets theirs specifically from Davisville RI. Pretty sure PA doesnt touch that and gets them from Baltimore.
Only cars going to Subaru of New England use the port at Davisville RI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my base manual on April 29, I called SOA today, they don't know where my car is, or when it will be delivered. I'm having doubts I'll ever see the car but have not given up hope. I hope I can get my 1k deposit back it the car doesn't show up. I hope the country hasn't collapsed and we are at the beginning of chaos.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered my base manual on April 29, I called SOA today, they don't know where my car is, or when it will be delivered. I'm having doubts I'll ever see the car but have not given up hope. I hope I can get my 1k deposit back it the car doesn't show up. I hope the country hasn't collapsed and we are at the beginning of chaos.
And youve gotten the emails with a Vehicle Order # and a VIN or have you received none of those? If the latter, id check with your dealer to see if they even placed it.

I got the email that the order was received from SOA 2 days after i did it at the dealer, VIN next day and it has a basic ETA of Late July which could change but seems like most are close to what they say. Granted mines not a factory custom order, but you still shouldve got the email with the VON # which the dealer or SoA should have at least half a clue of a rough eta.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts