Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts
Curious, have you ever had a chance to look at the backside of your valves after some miles and when you have done the ritual 7/8K CRC cleanings? I'm just wondering what they looked like and if the walnut blasting would even be necessary? Also, today's oils seem to be getting better and better at limiting carbon deposits. I'm hopeful with 3K mile OCI's with a good oil (keeping current with the API certifications as time passes) and with yearly CRC-type cleanings I won't have to worry about carbon deposits down the road. Don't know if that's a pipe dream or not though.
Do not have a dog in this hunt… but I will comment about this individual post. Also as an aside funny, , catch-can is a catch-all word for the MANY “catch can” designs on the market… with some highly touted vendors bad mouthing their own expensive offerings, and then offering a new and improved one. L. O. L.

Referring to seeing valve deposits:

Back in the day, I built and rebuilt several engines and every one had valve deposits. Some grossly so. Only powered wire brushes would remove the deposits. Even the piston heads had deposits. And those cars had no PCV system. Their blowby went straight down onto the road.

Get my drift?

You guys pick the strangest things to get all worked up about sometimes. Let’s remember our forum’s rule about not letting things get personal, and put the popcorn away unless you’ve brought enough for everybody.

I'm not here to stir the pot, but I wanted to show that I too just installed the Mishimoto catch can on my 23 Crosstrek 2.0. I had to modify the bracket in order to get it to fit but all turned out pretty well.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Hood
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

81 - 85 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.