Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something really strange happened today. I remote started my vehicle to cool it down while I was walking to my car. Once I got in, it wouldn't let me shift into drive until I hit the start button again. Maybe that is required, but the strange thing was my radio.

SXM worked, but I could not get sound out of an FM or AM station. I could select the presets, I could see what song was playing (So obviously, there was reception), but no sound. Changing the volume did nothing, turning the radio off and then on, etc. nothing worked. I stopped at the grocery store, picked up a few things, start the car and the radio now works as normal.

Is there something I am missing about how the radio works?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,441 Posts
Something really strange happened today. I remote started my vehicle to cool it down while I was walking to my car. Once I got in, it wouldn't let me shift into drive until I hit the start button again. Maybe that is required, but the strange thing was my radio.

SXM worked, but I could not get sound out of an FM or AM station. I could select the presets, I could see what song was playing (So obviously, there was reception), but no sound. Changing the volume did nothing, turning the radio off and then on, etc. nothing worked. I stopped at the grocery store, picked up a few things, start the car and the radio now works as normal.

Is there something I am missing about how the radio works?
Depends how you turned it off and on. The left button's just a pause/mute. To reboot it you need to hold the left button down for ten secs or more until the Starlink logo flashes.

Lots of info here:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I never turn the radio off. I remote started, called the wife and no radio (am/fm) until the car was shut off and restarted.

Firmware is the latest. It's working, but I am curious about it. It was like it was muted with no way to unmute.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,441 Posts
Thanks, but I never turn the radio off. I remote started, called the wife and no radio (am/fm) until the car was shut off and restarted.

Firmware is the latest. It's working, but I am curious about it. It was like it was muted with no way to unmute.
Ours occasionally does quirky stuff but for the most part it's fine since the latest firmware updates. It may have been the remote start but I haven't see that reported here before. Did you use MySubaru to start it?

The car has to be off for several minutes for the radio to fully turn off, hence why the grocery store stop fixed it. If it happens again, try the reboot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Will do. Yeah, it seems to be related to the remote start (I was walking across the hangar and decided to test it out to cool the vehicle down before I got there). I may try it again tomorrow to see if happens again, but it might have just been a goofy glitch type thing.

Yes, I used MySubaru to do the remote start.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks. Will do. Yeah, it seems to be related to the remote start (I was walking across the hangar and decided to test it out to cool the vehicle down before I got there). I may try it again tomorrow to see if happens again, but it might have just been a goofy glitch type thing.

Yes, I used MySubaru to do the remote start.
I have the factory remote start on my 19' Crosstrek. I have to press the start/stop button for me to take over from the remote start cycle for me to shift out of park. Nothing to worry about that, but I do hope you figure out the radio issue.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same thing...you have to hit start to shift out of park. Radio is working fine now. Not sure if I did something that caused a glitch somehow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts