Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am thankful for the blind spot monitoring. My wife was driving home from work late one night on the highway. She was signaling and the beep came on. She didn't see anything but it was enough for her not to move into the other lane.

A second later, a car with their headlights off zooms right past her. If she was in the old Crosstrek, who knows what would have happened.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yes. Because I have to share my main route with a lot of heavy (and often speeding trucks) I've developed the habit of driving closer to the verge to give them space. Being able to choose between the LKA and LDW depending on driving conditions and distance is great.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Had the car out on a primitive and super-remote dirt road in Colorado last week, and got a slow-leaking flat tire. In the 2013 I would have just gotten the generic TPMS warning light indication ... but of course the dash display on the 2021 gave both an audible and a text alert along with all the details, and I was able to watch my tire lose pressure in real-time as I searched for a flat area where I could change it. It was definitely useful.

It took another hour of driving after that before I got back in cell range, and when I did I was suprised to discover that Subaru had sent me both a text and an e-mail alerting me that one of my tires was low on air! I couldn't decide if that was cool, or unnecessary, or slightly creepy, or all of the above.

And why does the TPMS system require sensors in all four tires for anything to work?? When I was driving on the doughnut tire, the TPMS readouts from the three remaining "real" tires were unavailable, so if I'd gotten another flat the system wouldn't have let me know ...

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,446 Posts
Got that with a screw in L.A.

What are we to do?

·
Registered
855 Posts
It took another hour of driving after that before I got back in cell range, and when I did I was suprised to discover that Subaru had sent me both a text and an e-mail alerting me that one of my tires was low on air! I couldn't decide if that was cool, or unnecessary, or slightly creepy, or all of the above.
D. All of the above

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited in Horizon Blue Pearl
37 Posts
Had the car out on a primitive and super-remote dirt road in Colorado last week, and got a slow-leaking flat tire. In the 2013 I would have just gotten the generic TPMS warning light indication ... but of course the dash display on the 2021 gave both an audible and a text alert along with all the details, and I was able to watch my tire lose pressure in real-time as I searched for a flat area where I could change it. It was definitely useful.

And why does the TPMS system require sensors in all four tires for anything to work?? When I was driving on the doughnut tire, the TPMS readouts from the three remaining "real" tires were unavailable, so if I'd gotten another flat the system wouldn't have let me know ...
I've noticed that the volcanic rock in the San Juans is always more likely to produce a flat than elsewhere in CO. The loops between Silverton, Ouray, and Lake City are especially treacherous for punctures.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I haven’t wandered around in the San Juans since I started driving Subarus, but I’d love to get back down there with the Crosstrek.

This happened a little north of Baxter Pass, which is northwest of Grand Junction near the Utah line. Desolate country, but really cool ...

141 - 147 of 147 Posts