Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
Discussion Starter #81
Congrats on the new and sorry to hear about the demise of the old.

That car really does look nice in that pure red although for me, I'd be afraid of it being a cop magnet even though I'm nowhere near as much of a speeder as I used to be.

Get a pair of deer whistles for this one. They're only around $4 a pair. I don't know how well they work, but I figure they can't hurt.
Thanks. It's kind of sad in a way, but I think my days of being a cop magnet are long over. And a lot of rural Montana is pretty libertarian when it comes to speeding, anyway. 馃槉
Do any accessories transfer over? Like the rear seat back protector or floor mats?
I honestly didn't check -- I just walked away from the old one, and I was buying from dealer inventory so pretty much all the cars I saw already had the accessories that were in the old one. The look of some of the 2nd-gen accessories is a little different, though, and I'd guess that most of the sizing is a little different, too.

Registered
Thanks for the info. I have a bunch of accessories on my 2015, might just let them go with the car and get all new ones.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #86
Man, I love the look of those wheels with the Pure Red!

How do you like the STI spoiler? Is it the same size as the stock one, or is it larger? (Kind of thinking about getting one ...)

Registered
Man, I love the look of those wheels with the Pure Red!

How do you like the STI spoiler? Is it the same size as the stock one, or is it larger? (Kind of thinking about getting one ...)
There really isn't a real big difference in the spoiler. I really like the black wheels with the red body. By buying the package I got $577 off. So I really got the spoiler for free and part of the shift knob. BTW - that is how the package is priced in New England

Reactions: Montanan

Registered
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
There really isn't a real big difference in the spoiler. I really like the black wheels with the red body. By buying the package I got $577 off. So I really got the spoiler for free and part of the shift knob. BTW - that is how the package is priced in New England

What else was part of the packages?

Registered
What else was part of the packages?
The STI shift knob, STI spoiler and STI wheels (includes wheels, center caps and lockable black lug nuts). All the parts for the wheels are shipped with the car to the dealer and the dealer installs them. Technically the dealer "owns" the original wheels but from I have read and in my case the dealer had no interest in them. I plan to sell them.

Registered
The STI shift knob, STI spoiler and STI wheels (includes wheels, center caps and lockable black lug nuts). All the parts for the wheels are shipped with the car to the dealer and the dealer installs them. Technically the dealer "owns" the original wheels but from I have read and in my case the dealer had no interest in them. I plan to sell them.

17" or 18" wheels?

Registered
I really have no intention of buying. But I can't help wanting to go take a look... :whistle:

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

Administrator
Discussion Starter #93
And since we鈥檙e talking about STI add-ons, I really hope someone with a 2021 splurges on the flexible strut tower brace, and lets us know what they think. 馃槈

Registered
Well, since you're in Massachusettes, you could always keep them to mount a set of winter tires.

Registered
Well, since you're in Massachusettes, you could always keep them to mount a set of winter tires.
Yeah I could but I don't use winter tires.

Registered
Really? In MA? They're primarily for sub-45F degree weather, not just snow and ice.

All season tires with AWD more or less cover it in the towns. It's not a hard enough weather area unless you live in the western hills of the state. Otherwise all season is sufficient for most people.

Registered
All season tires with AWD more or less cover it in the towns. It's not a hard enough weather area unless you live in the western hills of the state. Otherwise all season is sufficient for most people.
I agree 100% - never got stuck with a Subaru with AWD and all season tires.

Reactions: R P

Registered
I'm on my second AWD vehicle and I always use winter tires here. I'm in a city but still would rather have them than not. It's not so much about getting stuck as it is about stopping when you want to!

P.S. I really like the STI wheels! I agree they look great with the red!

Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
I'm on my second AWD vehicle and I always use winter tires here. I'm in a city but still would rather have them than not. It's not so much about getting stuck as it is about stopping when you want to!

P.S. I really like the STI wheels! I agree they look great with the red!
Exactly this. AWD keeps you from getting stuck. AWD doesn't help you stop the car. I also live in MA and do a lot of winter trips north into VT, NH and Canada. If you drive on snow packed roads, you want dedicated snow tires, period.

Reactions: Phil76
81 - 100 of 124 Posts