Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Magnetite Grey, 1.5" ADF lift, RRW RR2-V 15x7, Geolandar G015 235/70R15
72 Posts
good day all hope you are well question i want to mount a Warn Grille Guard Tube for Subaru Semi-Hidden mounting system | WARN Industries on my 2021 crosstrek does anyone know if this can be done? i know it works on 2020 models, thanks take care
It will bolt on but it will not fit the front plastic quite the same. The black cladding on the lower portion is different on the 21 and has a little different shape. Examine your front end and compare it the car in the video below you'll see what I mean. The 2020 requires some trimming and the 2021 will probably require a little more trimming around the fog light housing area to get everything to fit. Structurally everything should be the same underneath the plastics though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will bolt on but it will not fit the front plastic quite the same. The black cladding on the lower portion is different on the 21 and has a little different shape. Examine your front end and compare it the car in the video below you'll see what I mean. The 2020 requires some trimming and the 2021 will probably require a little more trimming around the fog light housing area to get everything to fit. Structurally everything should be the same underneath the plastics though.

ok cool thanks for the video looks like it can be done need to do some tweaking though, thanks again take care

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrek Base 6MT PYP
22 Posts
I have been wanting to install the warn winch mount on my 2021 as well. It seems the cut will not be as easy since the black portion on the 2021 seems much larger and you can't simply cut along the black to paint transition line. I'm thinking it will also look a bit goofy. From looking at spare parts compatibility, it seems you could get a bumper, fog light covers and tow hook plug from a 18-20 to better execute the bumper cut.

But I think you should try the bumper cut on YOUR 2021 so you can show us if it looks goofy or not 😁

·
Registered
79 Posts

Do they do this for a '16 forester?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts