Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

201 - 220 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
520 Posts
All of that depends on your age. You old fart. ;)
Hey, I resemble that remark. ;)

Remark aside, I miss the deep forest green of the 1990's Outbacks. The muddy olive green just doesn't do anything for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So, the existing Sport model in Canada doesn't get the 2.5L and the new Outdoor model doesn't have Eyesight available? So if you want Eyesight and the 2.5L you have to go to the top of the line Limited! That sucks.
Thankfully this is not the case. Looking at the Subaru Canada web site now that they have the 2021 officially listed the Outdoor model does come with Eyesight. It is priced a little lower than our Sport model with Eyesight but doesn't have a few things such as a sunroof, LED Steering Responsive headlights, power adjustable driver's seat, high beam assist, reverse automatic braking.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Playing around with CarGurus, they show 955 listings nationwide for the 2021 Crosstrek. I'm sure most of those are in transit and not on the lots yet.

·
Registered
2020 Premium 6MT
520 Posts
Playing around with CarGurus, they show 955 listings nationwide for the 2021 Crosstrek. I'm sure most of those are in transit and not on the lots yet.

If a dealership doesn't yet have the car you want, there is an incentive for them to cut a sweet deal to keep you from finding your "dream car" elsewhere. If they have your "dream car" on the lot, there is less incentive to negotiate.

·
Registered
111 Posts

I was at Subaru today for service. They called me a couple days before to schedule an appraisal. The sales rep told me that he couldn’t give me numbers because they didn’t have the car. But they have sold one 2021. He didn’t know much else.

also, noticed there’s a light on the rear door now?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Describes it well.. who the hell gets paid so much $$$ to decide on a color like that ?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It might look better in person? Lol. Nah. I wonder if the higher horsepower version will come in all colors? I’m guessing the sport version just a few colors? I’d def trade in my 16 hyper blue if it came in a 6 speed. Now I’m on the fence.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The problem with unique colors is that they don't go from Vogue to Retro. There is an in-between period where they are Dated. There is that horrid metallic puke green on some non-subies; some day they will be retro. And I don't want to upset anybody here, but the orange Crosstrek is approaching dated. One day that orange or DK crosstrek will look very very cool and retro.

White, black, blue. Never cool, never dated, never retro. Just meh. In other words, the kind you marry.
Don’t know how orange can be “dated” when there are not a hardly any orange cars out there. Something only becomes dated when it’s a common color that goes out of style. How would you guys think hyper blue will age as a color? I have a hyper blue 16

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don’t know how orange can be “dated” when there are not a hardly any orange cars out there. Something only becomes dated when it’s a common color that goes out of style. How would you guys think hyper blue will age as a color? I have a hyper blue 16
I have a 16 hyper blue also. It will never go out of style!

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
I had a blue Triumph Spitfire in the early '80s and repainted it beige... 😸

Back when beige was in vogue!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Love it! I quite nearly went in that direction with the wheels but I live on a dirt road

[/QUOTE I
I live on a gravel road on the country. Yes it was t the best choice. I think gravel dust may be worse than dirt dust? I found coating the wheels with spray wax and dry product helps repel dust some. At least it’s easier to spray off with water

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
It might look better in person? Lol. Nah. I wonder if the higher horsepower version will come in all colors? I’m guessing the sport version just a few colors? I’d def trade in my 16 hyper blue if it came in a 6 speed. Now I’m on the fence.
The site CarBuzz is reporting that the Sport comes in 7 colors. All other U.S. trims have 8 colors. It appears the Sport is missing the Pure Red. That being said, I can't vouch for their accuracy. We'll have to see what Subaru says.

·
Registered
136 Posts
In Canada the new Outdoor model (equivalent to the new US Sport) comes in seven colours; Cool Grey Khaki, Black, White, Dark Blue Pearl, Magnetite Grey Metallic, Plasma Yellow Pearl and Pure Red. So no Ice Silver Metallic for us but we do get the Pure Red

201 - 220 of 307 Posts