Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

181 - 200 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
"On/Off automatic headlights linked to windshield wiper operation"
.........So the headlights come on every time you use the wipers? How about when it gets dark?
"STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus Package....parenting features including boundary, speed, and curfew alerts are part of the service"
...does the vehicle stop if the kid goes past the bounday or stays out past the curfew time? Throttle back if the kid tries to speed?

I heard that Eye-Sight recognized highway speed signs and would yell if the driver went past the posted speed. Also that Eye-Sight recognized red traffic signals and would stop at a red light when in ACC and then go on the green even with no vehicle in front.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
351 Posts
.........So the headlights come on every time you use the wipers? How about when it gets dark?
"STARLINK Safety Plus & Security Plus Package....parenting features including boundary, speed, and curfew alerts are part of the service"
...does the vehicle stop if the kid goes past the bounday or stays out past the curfew time? Throttle back if the kid tries to speed?

I heard that Eye-Sight recognized highway speed signs and would yell if the driver went past the posted speed. Also that Eye-Sight recognized red traffic signals and would stop at a red light when in ACC and then go on the green even with no vehicle in front.
I think the boundary and curfew thing is related to the starlink app. I haven't tried it on mine, but it hasn't given me any issue.
I really doubt that they would have eyesight yell at you for speeding. Where I am, even going ten over is basically dangerous since all the other drivers are going faster. I would just always be getting yelled at. I get road raged at for going 70 in a 55 on my daily commute. So I guess I'm saying that it would be unfathomably annoying and dumb if they made it do that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, I remember the yellows of the 1970's. It was the 1980's when muted beige tones became popular. Then it was after 2000 when the industrial look of greys with stainless steel appliances became popular - YUCK!

Retro saves you more than just remodeling costs. It also saves you on taxes because you have an "old" kitchen. (y)
The problem with unique colors is that they don't go from Vogue to Retro. There is an in-between period where they are Dated. There is that horrid metallic puke green on some non-subies; some day they will be retro. And I don't want to upset anybody here, but the orange Crosstrek is approaching dated. One day that orange or DK crosstrek will look very very cool and retro.

White, black, blue. Never cool, never dated, never retro. Just meh. In other words, the kind you marry.

·
Registered
2020 Crosstrek Premium; 2010 LGT stage 2+
351 Posts
IDK, some times colors just get worse with age. Remember that aqua blue green color from 1993? That did not age well.
I think the olive green color that other Subarus come in will age well. If I had bought a Forester or Outback it would be a hard choice between that and the dark gray. But I still wish Subaru offered a pure white like Toyota does. The pearl white just doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"
When you turn your wipers on after a min or two of the wipers being on your headlights will come on. They won't come on if you just do the one wipe and that is all. Also they come on when its gets dark out.

·
Registered
609 Posts
White, black, blue. Never cool, never dated, never retro. Just meh. In other words, the kind you marry.
OUCH ! from an old married with a Dark Blue Pearl 😆

I once owned a TD Cortina in pink/purple with a beige vinyl roof and brown upholstery. It was never vogue or retro but it was 1/2 price. :devilish::poop: I took over the loan book when a friend moved back overseas. There's an orange one for sale now at AUD$80000 🍊 🐨

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,282 Posts
Blue is one of those colors that comes and goes. A guy pulled up to me in a new brand new Blazer that he had custom painted blue and black. It looked very sharp and he rolled down his window to talk. He was very proud that is was the exact same color as his father's 1957 Chevy Belvedere.

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,282 Posts
Yikes. You are right. It was a Bel Air, not a Belvedere. I should know better. A 1957 Bel Air was MY first car. This is the correct one (I hope.)

Reactions: SubieSubieDo

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Yikes. You are right. It was a Bel Air, not a Belvedere. I should know better. A 1957 Bel Air was MY first car. This is the correct one (I hope.)
Yea it is. This was dad's '57 in'64. 4 Door hardtop. kinda' rare- the 283 engine was too small for the car. Both the car and gf are gone. I do keep in touch with the old gf though....lol

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yea it is. This was dad's '57 in'64. 4 Door hardtop. kinda' rare- the 283 engine was too small for the car. Both the car and gf are gone. I do keep in touch with the old gf though....lol
Love this blast from the past - retro car thing. If I start a new "off topic" discussion for people to post pics of old cars they or their parents have owned - would you be interested and post a pic? Like LIKE it?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Like it or not, you have to give black credit for longevity. I'm not sure we've ever had a year in which you couldn't buy a black car. Case in point, here's a picture of my first car ... a 1927 Model T Ford (the first year with wire wheels and that was a big deal, let me tell you). I was 16 at the time. The car was 18 years older than I was ... but, boy oh boy, was it a chick magnet. ;)

Gerry

181 - 200 of 315 Posts