Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2021 premium 6MT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey guys new to the forum and new to Subaru, always loved them but always bought junk beaters to drive myself and gave my wife the “New Car” well finally bought a new for myself first one and this forum when I was looking was a big help. Can’t wait to set it up for some off-roading

Started my build today. 1st up rally armor… have a hitch, and vanguard bull bar on order hopefully come later this week

At some point I wanna go full Baja buggy with this but until the warranty is up most mods with have to work around that. Ordered a set of Skids from primitive, installed the OEM rain guards and the sill plates… what a disappointment those sill plates are, really just heavy duty stickers was kinda hoping it would be a rubber or plastic.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Plant Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've already broken 2 clips on the window rain guards. Not happy with them at all, and they scratch super easy. Seem to also be fading. Initially I was impressed and I do like the look on these cars, but in window versions are so much better. They'd probably look terrible on the CT's tho. Whatever, I guess when one flies off on the highway I'll know it's time to replace them, lol. The 3m sticky seems to be holding everywhere but the front windows towards the rear. The broken clips are on both side, front windows, 1st clip in.

I do like the red color, matches the mudflaps nicely without being gaudy. I think these CT's look good in red ;)

·
Registered
2021 premium 6MT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've already broken 2 clips on the window rain guards. Not happy with them at all, and they scratch super easy. Seem to also be fading. Initially I was impressed and I do like the look on these cars, but in window versions are so much better. They'd probably look terrible on the CT's tho. Whatever, I guess when one flies off on the highway I'll know it's time to replace them, lol. The 3m sticky seems to be holding everywhere but the front windows towards the rear. The broken clips are on both side, front windows, 1st clip in.

I do like the red color, matches the mudflaps nicely without being gaudy. I think these CT's look good in red ;)
Thanks I was contemplating the red flaps from RA but flashy isn’t my thing I want it to look as OEM as possible

·
He wasn't there!
16 Crosstrek Premium Quartz Blue Pearl
1,752 Posts
I did blue lettering on the mudflaps on a blue car. They're visible, but they don't scream out 'look at me!' the way mudflaps look when they're all a non-black color.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yea, the color matching looks great! For my white with everything else being matte I wanted the same flaps you guys got but they were just so odd looking being shiny and all color letterings it just didn't feel right. Even the silver lettering seemed odd. The red and blue colors on these cars just pop with enough moderation to make it classy ;)

·
Registered
2021 premium 6MT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea, the color matching looks great! For my white with everything else being matte I wanted the same flaps you guys got but they were just so odd looking being shiny and all color letterings it just didn't feel right. Even the silver lettering seemed odd. The red and blue colors on these cars just pop with enough moderation to make it classy ;)
If I had a white car I would seriously consider the red flaps it pops really nice it’s a sharp contrast

·
Registered
2021 premium 6MT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was looking at all the options out there that were functional and no cut. Crawford, Gorilla, LP and vanguard I really wanted to spend the money and get a Crawford or gorilla or even LO but at $250 the vanguard is a good deal I will ad holes for lights and 2 recovery shackles…. Thank god for welders and drills

·
Registered
2021 premium 6MT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haven’t exactly figured it out myself yet, but if you use one extra bolt on the mounting bracket where it connect to the tow points then you can make it rock solid I went to ace hardware and bought a 1/4 nut bolt washer and lock washer to add to the setup it’s pretty solid now. The lights I may just use brackets that clamp on the bar welding the shackle mounts is going to be the trickiest part the tubing while not thin is not heavy gauge I would say an 1/8” or a little less wall thickness it is solid for sure but depending on the welder it might blow a hole right through the tubing

1 - 20 of 22 Posts