• Yes

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 25.0%
101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't want to derail the thread, but I will be buying this year and buying now vs buying in December makes no difference to me. Is there any truth is going in the last week of December or 2nd to last week of December to get the best pricing? I do understand that Subaru isn't like other manufacturers that do cashback and such.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,752 Posts
I don't want to derail the thread, but I will be buying this year and buying now vs buying in December makes no difference to me. Is there any truth is going in the last week of December or 2nd to last week of December to get the best pricing? I do understand that Subaru isn't like other manufacturers that do cashback and such.
You may get a better deal at the end of December if the dealer is close to meeting a sales target or allocation target.

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,835 Posts
Yeah, it’ll depend on the dealer and on what you’re specifically looking for, but Crosstrek inventories are fairly tight these days, so I wouldn’t necessarily expect any unusual deals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To kick it off...

1. Loaded Limited, MSRP of $32,604
1b. Seattle area
1c. No trade or financing.
2. Invoice - $30,341
3. Paid - $29,041
4. $3,599 under MSRP; $1,300 under invoice. (Incl. $500 loyalty coupon); $150 doc fees. Cash, no trade.
5. 89.07% of MSRP.

Edit: Mine delivers on 8/24/20, est., per VIN report sheet.
curious, otd for me is 28xxx but they're adding a 440 gov fee? is that normal?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,752 Posts
curious, otd for me is 28xxx but they're adding a 440 gov fee? is that normal?
Depends where...

California caps the dealer fees at $80 but in some states it can be hundreds of dollars. Pure profit for the dealer!

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,752 Posts
So $31,752 final price after fees for limited with moonroof and #33 package. is that a good deal or can i go lower?
Unless you post a breakdown of what that comprises, it's hard to tell. See the first post...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unless you post a breakdown of what that comprises, it's hard to tell. See the first post...
when I asked for the dealer invoice this is what they gave me:

Item Item Description MSRP Dealer Cost
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MRF 2021 Crosstrek Limited CVT $27,995.00 $26,411.00
CB3 Crystal Black Silica
BLC Black
Option Package 32 $1,000.00 $888.00
Power Moonroof
CS2 Ext Int Auto Dimm HL Mirrors $600.00 $389.00
0KO Ext Auto Dim Mirror
0H2 Mirror Compass w/ homelink
0J6 Rear Bumper Cover. $150.00 $97.00
0JY Rear Seat Back Protector $127.00 $82.00
0LE All-Weather Floor Liners $132.00 $85.00
STD Standard Destination Charge $1,050.00 $1,050.00
--------------------- --------------------
Total Vehicle Price Before Discount $31,054.00 $29,002.00
Total Vehicle Price After Discount $31,054.00 $29,002.00

I got them down to $28,152. I ended up paying 36k with the 3 year maintenance and the 10 year extended warranty. No trade-in, just down payment. it's my first car buying experience and I went alone so I'm not beating myself up too much about it.

·
Registered
2017 and 2021 CrossTrek Limited
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CB3 Crystal Black Silica
BLC Black
Power Moonroof
0KO Ext Auto Dim Mirror

I got them down to $28,152. I ended up paying 36k with the 3 year maintenance and the 10 year extended warranty. No trade-in, just down payment. it's my first car buying experience and I went alone so I'm not beating myself up too much about it.
@bbcakesj
Just sharing from experience - You already get for free a pretty good warranty, and the 10 year that is purchased really is a purchase of a "10 minus already free included years) year warranty (<10). Isn't the free OEM powertrain warranty already a six year freebie? As an aside, the extended warranty/maintenance agreement can purchased long after the purchase of the car - don't have to purchase it up front. At vehicle POS, stealership "Finance" departments typically start at asking more than twice what it could be negotiated down to... Also, you might want to confirm you got a Subaru branded extension, as many stealerships sell cheaper third party plans at full Subaru retail prices (huge margin pad for them). You could also cancel and get all of your money back in the first three days after purchasing the car - if you feel like you paid too much for this extended warranty/maintenance agreement. Also, you can cancel it at anytime years down the road and get a proration (not a good one, as my son learned when he traded his 2019 Outback for a 2021 CrossTrek Limited)...

So, I have to ask, what did you pay for the warranty and maintenance agreement??? Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
63 Posts

CB3 Crystal Black Silica
BLC Black
Power Moonroof
0KO Ext Auto Dim Mirror

You probably did OK on the car purchase. That exact car here is 28,989 before negotions.

New 2021 Subaru Crosstrek AUTO For Sale in Colorado Springs CO | JF2GTHMC8M8234386 | Serving Fort Carson, Fountain and Monument

I am not a fan of the service contracts, or extended warranties, but whatever helps you sleep at night...

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
You probably did OK on the car purchase. That exact car here is 28,989 before negotions.

New 2021 Subaru Crosstrek AUTO For Sale in Colorado Springs CO | JF2GTHMC8M8234386 | Serving Fort Carson, Fountain and Monument

I am not a fan of the service contracts, or extended warranties, but whatever helps you sleep at night...

yeah they were the only ones that had the black in the limited trim i wanted and the only ones even willing to negotiate :/ i’m a little bummed today because i found a scratch along the passenger door that is on the etching and can only be seen in the sun (probably why i didn’t notice) i emailed the sales person with no response yet. really really bummed since it’s new? i also found 2 small scratches on the screen. i’m kind of feeling this may be why they were the only ones willing to negotiate in my area :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
@bbcakesj
Just sharing from experience - You already get for free a pretty good warranty, and the 10 year that is purchased really is a purchase of a "10 minus already free included years) year warranty (<10). Isn't the free OEM powertrain warranty already a six year freebie? As an aside, the extended warranty/maintenance agreement can purchased long after the purchase of the car - don't have to purchase it up front. At vehicle POS, stealership "Finance" departments typically start at asking more than twice what it could be negotiated down to... Also, you might want to confirm you got a Subaru branded extension, as many stealerships sell cheaper third party plans at full Subaru retail prices (huge margin pad for them). You could also cancel and get all of your money back in the first three days after purchasing the car - if you feel like you paid too much for this extended warranty/maintenance agreement. Also, you can cancel it at anytime years down the road and get a proration (not a good one, as my son learned when he traded his 2019 Outback for a 2021 CrossTrek Limited)...

So, I have to ask, what did you pay for the warranty and maintenance agreement??? Congrats on the purchase!
i asked the salesman to take the 10 year warranty off but when i got to the finance person he wouldn’t take no as answer and told me it’s a good idea because of all the electronics/tech on the car, stating the screen and back up cam fixes are expensive. he lowered it but it was still 3k. the maintenance i believe was about $1,400. i figured i would look into the benefits and just cancel but didn’t know i only had 3 days. today i found scratches on the car itself and 2 tiny ones on the screen. feeling a little bummed w everything since it’s supposed to be brand new :/

·
Registered
63 Posts
Most scratches could be fixed by a good paint correction person. I just take them in stride as eventually some jacka$$ with swing their door into it. That was the best thing about silver. You could hardly ever tell if the clear coat had a scratch.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts