• No

Votes: 5 25.0%
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
2017 and 2021 CrossTrek Limited
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Note: A fellow member suggested I create this thread, so...

This thread is meant to capture prices folks are paying for those new 2021 CrossTrek’s. Some ground rules:

1a. List trim and MSRP for your specific vehicle, including all options, packages and port installed items.

1b. Geographic location

1c. Trade? Cash? Financing?

2. If known, list invoice price for your specific vehicle, including all options, packages and port installed items.

3. List price paid OTD, EXCLUDING sales tax (as that varies by location). “Price paid”. Mention if you used SoA Loyalty coupons to get you down to this price. Include doc fees on this line as well.

4. Subtract 3 from 1 (Price under MSRP) and 3 from 2 (Price under invoice). This may result in a negative number, meaning you paid more than invoice.

5. Optional - Ratios are helpful, like percentage of MSRP you paid for your specific car.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
To kick it off...

1. Loaded Limited, MSRP of $32,604
1b. Seattle area
1c. No trade or financing.
2. Invoice - $30,341
3. Paid - $29,041
4. $3,599 under MSRP; $1,300 under invoice. (Incl. $500 loyalty coupon); $150 doc fees. Cash, no trade.
5. 89.07% of MSRP.

Edit: Mine delivers on 8/24/20, est., per VIN report sheet.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,743 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,833 Posts
@Montanan already created one...
You guys make cat-herding seem ridiculously easy by comparison. 😒

Anyhow, I will close the other thread, because if I merge them now the OP in this thread will get buried in the merged one.

One suggestion: this data is only going to be meaningful if you also post geographic location, since availability and competition vary quite a bit regionally. Without location, this data is only useful for boasting.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys make cat-herding seem ridiculously easy by comparison. 😒

Anyhow, I will close the other thread, because if I merge them now the OP in this thread will get buried in the merged one.

One suggestion: this data is only going to be meaningful if you also post geographic location, since availability and competition vary quite a bit regionally. Without location, this data is only useful for boasting.
Done. OP has been edited.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,743 Posts
LOL, I gave up trying to herd our cats long ago. Air duster cans are great for getting them off kitchen counters, etc. 😸

I'd also suggest adding docs fees to the list as these vary greatly. If you get $1,500 under invoice but had to pay $500 in doc fees then you didn't really get $1,500 under invoice...

·
Administrator
2021 Crosstrek Limited, Pure Red
3,833 Posts
Unfortunately, you guys are too far away for air duster cans to be effective. 😒

One other thing to note is the presence or absence of a trade in the deal. In the past, many of the posters who bragged about a great discount on their new Subie, only got that deal because they got reamed on their trade-in. I'm honestly not sure if these threads have a lot of real-world meaning, anyway -- there are just too many variables -- but I think a deal that includes a trade loses much of its comparative value.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump. Looking for more data points...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok so here's mine looking at the dealer worksheet:

Trading in a 2018 BMW M2 w/64K miles on the clock - getting $31.5 for it - kbb.com says in "Very Good" condition (which mine is) - I should expect $30K max on a Trade-In - it's a manual btw. Payoff: $19,150.00

I have a 2021 Limited Cool Gray Khaki coming in this Monday.
MSRP - $30,371
Discount - $2553.00
Ambassador Coupon - $500 - Thanks again @orndog
Adjusted Price - $27,318.00
Adm fee - $799 - that one sucks
Tags etc - $110.75

(No tax on the Crosstrek because the trade-in price of my M2 is higher than the sell price ($27,318.00)

Balance: $15,877.75 - at 0.9% - 48 monthly payments: $338.00.

The dealer is still in business:) but, I think I did pretty well - had to really work them for it though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 Sport in Cool Khaki Gray with Moonroof + Safety pkg and the usual factory extras, bought while in transit. First time buyer so no coupons.

MSRP 30,074.00
Discount 2,996.94
Adjusted Price 27,077.06

Dealer Fee 799.00. ( VA - bummer )

Tax 1,672.56 (DC) + fees

OTD was 29.8 exactly

I think I could've probably pressed hard for few hundred better, but this seemed fair enough.

·
Registered
55 Posts
2021 Sport in Cool Khaki Gray with Moonroof + Safety pkg and the usual factory extras, bought while in transit. First time buyer so no coupons.

MSRP 30,074.00
Discount 2,996.94
Adjusted Price 27,077.06

Dealer Fee 799.00. ( VA - bummer )

Tax 1,672.56 (DC) + fees

OTD was 29.8 exactly

I think I could've probably pressed hard for few hundred better, but this seemed fair enough.
You did very well.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,743 Posts
Yeah,10% off MSRP is decent.That's about $900 under invoice. That "dealer fee" sucks,though. Ours is fixed at $80 statewide but our sales tax is much higher. Swings and roundabouts...

Reactions: jebinc

·
Registered
75 Posts
2021 White exterior, black interior Limited with the following accessories:
Body Side Moldings
Rear bumper cover
Homelink Mirror
Auto dimming exterior mirrors

$27,886+$395 doc fees and taxes. Have a 2015 limited to trade, estimated at $13,000, but they need to see it. I am in Northern New Jersey and no dealers wanted to play, everyone basically wanted msrp. I bought my previous two crosstreks from this dealer and this was the best they would do for me. Called SOA, they wouldn't give me any coupons :( Unless anyone has any extras :)

I am guessing all 2018+ accessories should fit the 2021? Looking to get some Rokblokz and some other stuff.

·
Prefers non-orange cars
9,743 Posts
2021 White exterior, black interior Limited with the following accessories:
Body Side Moldings
Rear bumper cover
Homelink Mirror
Auto dimming exterior mirrors

$27,886+$395 doc fees and taxes. Have a 2015 limited to trade, estimated at $13,000, but they need to see it. I am in Northern New Jersey and no dealers wanted to play, everyone basically wanted msrp. I bought my previous two crosstreks from this dealer and this was the best they would do for me. Called SOA, they wouldn't give me any coupons :( Unless anyone has any extras :)

I am guessing all 2018+ accessories should fit the 2021? Looking to get some Rokblokz and some other stuff.
You should be able to get a loyalty coupon from SOA.

Clayton Mantell, the sales manager at Ramsey Subaru in Ramsey NJ used to offer $1K under invoice deals on this site. Tell him AstroKats sent you... 😸

Reactions: jebinc

·
Registered
75 Posts
SOA told me they ended that program last month. I called like 4 times and talked to different reps.

I had a bad experience with Ramsey Subaru, each time I tried to order a Crosstrek, they were very condescending. I don't care if they offered $2k below invoice and everyone else, I would not purchase from them. I went with Liberty Subaru, for the third time in a row, great dealership to deal with.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOA told me they ended that program last month. I called like 4 times and talked to different reps.

I had a bad experience with Ramsey Subaru, each time I tried to order a Crosstrek, they were very condescending. I don't care if they offered $2k below invoice and everyone else, I would not purchase from them. I went with Liberty Subaru, for the third time in a row, great dealership to deal with.
Nope. Just got two $500 coupons for me and my son. Just email CS from their main web site.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Nope. Just got two $500 coupons for me and my son. Just email CS from their main web site.
WOW - got the same response form Subaru that the program ended. What is CS?

·
Registered
2021 crosstrek sport
106 Posts
I'm surprised because when I called they were all to happy to give me a Loyalty Coupon. All you have to do is play it up. That you're looking forward to purchasing a brand new car, and anything they could do to help would be greatly appreciated. Worked for me. Good Luck.
I bought the 2021 Sport in pearl white. Absolutely Love it :D

1 - 20 of 154 Posts