Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Resident topic drifter
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
17,759 Posts
Hello,

Recently purchased a rebuilt 2020 Crosstrek Premium (therefore I can't do a warranty repair). I cannot get the dual USB port in the center to recognize anything. I was really excited to be able to use apple carplay but am not seeing a work around if the USB is not working. It will not charge my iPhone or any other devices I have tried it with. The 12v next to it works. I checked the fuse (I'm assuming it was #4 audio/nav) and it was alright. I have reset the head unit a couple times. I have tried various cables and devices. Anyone else have this issue? I'm hoping it is just disconnected in the back but I am not sure if theres a single cable connecting this. What else can I try? Thanks!
The infotainment system is fairly easy to remove, so you can see if it's hooked up in the back. You can probably find a YouTube video on how to do it. If you find a good one, post it back here.

· Resident topic drifter
17,759 Posts
I have had the same issue. The dealer didn't know why but on page 6-10 of the Owners Manual, it states that the console dual USB power supply is only that. I have to use the USB ahead of the gear shift for Apple Carplay.
The OP says it doesn't charge either but I wasn't aware of the console USB only charging. That's a change from our '18 and mom-in-law's '19. Maybe they did that to improve connection reliability by shortening the cable from the HU?

· Resident topic drifter
17,759 Posts
Well that really sucks. I really want to use one of the USB's under the armrest for connecting to Android Auto. I can't stand the "cable management" when using the other 2 directly under the head unit/in front of the gearshift.

I wonder if I can do a swap... Anyone tried that, or is there a better solution?

2021 Outdoor model.
I'm sure you could run a USB extension from the back of the HU to the armrest. Apparently, the HU is easy to pop out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts