Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really liking my new 2020 6MT ISM Xtrek...

Started out with Suntek Ultra PPF on the front end bumper cover, hood, fenders, mirror caps, and A-pillars. Installed by Concours Auto Spa of Marina Del Rey CA they did an excellent job, highly recommend.
Next I wrapped the silver grill winglets with matte black 3m vinyl film and purchased the Subtle-Solutions front license delete to tidy up the front end a bit.

Next was wheels and tires... Black Rhino Boxer 15x7 5x100 +15 GUNBLACK 16lb wrapped in BF Ko2's 215/75/15's 32Ib total of 48lbs vs stock @47lbs. Everything was purchased and installed by America's Tire Co of Torrance CA on Torrance Blvd. They hooked great pricing and did an excellent job highly recommend.

They set my tire pressure @36 PSI wondering what others are running with this size tire on tarmac.

Next up are the Rally Armor mud flaps and some black OEM badges/emblems, which are on the way.

Also considering going with the RalliTek 1in lift springs and the Bilstein B6 strut combination, if anyone has them please chime in with your thoughts.

Some before and after pictures with the new wheels/tires.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I see you have drilled holes (factory ones and what the dealer likely drilled out). I had the same issue. I live in PA and don't need a front plate, but bought my car in NJ and they drilled the holes to put their stupid dealer plate on it. Curious which delete you got (JDM or USDM).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see you have drilled holes (factory ones and what the dealer likely drilled out). I had the same issue. I live in PA and don't need a front plate, but bought my car in NJ and they drilled the holes to put their stupid dealer plate on it. Curious which delete you got (JDM or USDM).
I had also asked my dealer not to install the front plate, guess it was to late. Seems they're eager to drill holes in brand new cars just to advertise their dealership.

I got the - Subtle Solutions Blank Logo JDM Holes. It fit great, I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had also asked my dealer not to install the front plate, guess it was to late. Seems they're eager to drill holes in brand new cars just to advertise their dealership.

I got the - Subtle Solutions Blank Logo JDM Holes. It fit great, I'm happy with it.
When I ordered my car (had to order since it was the hybrid and I didn't want the sunroof) I told them no dealer sticker or anything. They clearly F'd up so it'd be great if I can try and color match the delete. Not sure how the black would look on the Island blue pearl or maybe I go with a silver to match the underguard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I ordered my car (had to order since it was the hybrid and I didn't want the sunroof) I told them no dealer sticker or anything. They clearly F'd up so it'd be great if I can try and color match the delete. Not sure how the black would look on the Island blue pearl or maybe I go with a silver to match the underguard.
I hear your frustration!

Not sure how the plate delete would look in either IBP or Sliver. Would be interesting to see.
I went with the black to match all the other black parts of the vehicle. Just keeping it Sliver/Black.
Another option is the plastic plugs which can be found at a hardware store for a couple bucks and the OEM touch up paint. This was my first route but decided on the delete plate instead.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Plastic plugs would definitely be a good start. I'll have to go mingle in the hardware aisle and see what I can find.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Plastic plugs would definitely be a good start. I'll have to go mingle in the hardware aisle and see what I can find.
The dealer holes are often rough and the plastic needs to be rearranged a bit. I went the hardware store/touch up paint route but had also found this site who sells them pre-made.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks! They don't have the Lagoon blue pearl just yet, so I reached out to them. If not, then I'll just go the home depot route and pick up the paint and clear coat.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! They don't have the Lagoon blue pearl just yet, so I reached out to them. If not, then I'll just go the home depot route and pick up the paint and clear coat.
You got it, sounds good think they have it just not updated on the first drop down, I see it on the small screws drop down.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,501 Posts
Don't drive up to Santa Monica. They like to ticket cars without a front plate - tops up the city's coffers...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Unfortunately they didn't have my color and if they were to make it, it would be $149. Looks like we're going the home depot and self-paint option.

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,246 Posts
$59 a pair??!!. Maybe if they were made of gold. 🥇

Reactions: netminder2001

·
Registered
144 Posts
$59 a pair??!!. Maybe if they were made of gold. 🥇
Problem is the setup for manufacturing them. My guess is the paint supplier and whatever overhead they have to get things going. If demand gets higher, then obviously the price would come down to every other color they make. Since my car is probably one of a few hundred(?) in the world of this color, it's not worth their effort to set this all up. At least he's got the rough hole sizes on the website so I can find plugs and it's about $15 for the color and clear coat bottles from elsewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't drive up to Santa Monica. They like to ticket cars without a front plate - tops up the city's coffers...
Absolutely I’ve been avoiding that place for many years just for that reason. Pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket of some sort.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts