Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
757 Posts
No surprise there. BTW, Ford is also equipping the Escape with a 3 cylinder turbo.

·
Registered
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
289 Posts
The Ecosport, when I tested it against the Crosstrek, didn't seem in the same catagory. Really a Ford Fiesta, it seemed way underpowered (made the Crosstrek feel great) and incredibly cheap. My hunch is that to make the Ecosport keep up with traffic the mileage from the three cylinder would be awful. Smooth as silk compared to an old Saab 92 3 cylinder 2 stroke, but that is a pretty low bar.

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I drove my friend's Escape before I drove a Crosstrek. It was like comparing a locomotive to a tricycle. The difference in build quality was apparent within seconds.

·
Registered
231 Posts
No surprise there. BTW, Ford is also equipping the Escape with a 3 cylinder turbo.
don’t laugh at a 3 cylinder turbo...Koenigsegg made a 600 bhp bi turbo 3 cylinder and put in their hybrid supercar. It’s lit. I’d want it in my car. Check it out on drive tribe.

·
Registered
231 Posts
A landslide.....

I still disagree with their take on the 152 hp being under powered. It’s quite adequate for being a daily driver/highway commuter. If you have a lead foot and love to mash the pedal to the floor at every light and intersection...than maybe not. For me...it fills the bill.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a 2019 Ecosport last June. It was OK. Period. 13 gallon fuel tank was useless. I traded it in on my Crosstrek in October.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a (personal) 2018 Crosstrek Limited and a 2019 Ford Escape (work vehicle). Somewhat similar but the power in the Crosstrek goes on much longer than the Escape. Both are fine in the city but the Subie is much better on the highway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts