Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems all I can find tops out at the 2018 model, which apparently the hood is different?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I assume you mean the hood deflector.
There's none for the 18+; I believe it has something to do with Eyesight.

Even if they were available, I don't recommend them at all.
Installation requires either tape or holes and both introduce areas for dirt and moisture buildup.

I recommend spending the $$ and getting a clear wrap.
That stuff has saved my paint several times when a truck lobbed a high arc rock that a deflector wouldn't have helped with anyway.
Sadly, my windshield has taken a few beatings but it's still intact (even though there's a couple tiny chips that haven't spread through winter or as it warms up).

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Not available. Might not ever be. The hood on the 18+ is different from the previous generation. The previous hood came all the way down to the front of the car. The new one stops 6-7 inches from the front of the car. I think that may be why nobody has made one. Honestly I wouldn't mind having one, but it would look really ugly on the 18+.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
The new one stops 6-7 inches from the front of the car ... it would look really ugly on the 18+.
I wish I had said that. That makes more sense than the Eyesight thing but that’s what I get for surfing forums between international exercise planning.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I wish I had said that. That makes more sense than the Eyesight thing but that’s what I get for surfing forums between international exercise planning.
Are you running the Boston Marathon ?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Marathon??? Thought that’s why we all bought XVs.

Lol, no. I’m leading a component of a bigger circus, the CDN contribution to a 5 nation military cyber exercise.

Makes me crazy but not crazy enough to consider a hood deflector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts