Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice, I like the look. Any chance you could get a couple pictures of underneath? Also, any problem with the bumper heating up too much or burning?
=]. I like it too. Much better than those gigantic red reflectors.

There’s really not much to it. I stole the concept from the Corvette Z06.

I will definitely make it a lot cleaner with the next iteration.

No burning of the bumper so far. I’ve experimented with similar set up in the past without any issues.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would very much like to do this with mine. The aggressive rear of XV/Crosstrek almost demands a visible dual exhaust. The lower bumper is even notched for duals, which I have seen some do and look quite good. After seeing OPs way, it's fantastic, but not factory-looking enough for my taste. Most vehicles that have the thru-bumper exhaust have tips formed to the opening, or some type of bezel on the opening. I'm just seeing a lot of daylight through the reflector opening and a backstop edge for the reflector (which can be trimmed down). Wondering if those reflector trim pieces from overseas would create the right bezel look for me. But again, this is pretty fantastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m not really hot on removing the reflector. I think that cutting out a small portion of the reflector on both sides for a single pipe would be my way to go. That or 3D printing an insert for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would very much like to do this with mine. The aggressive rear of XV/Crosstrek almost demands a visible dual exhaust. The lower bumper is even notched for duals, which I have seen some do and look quite good. After seeing OPs way, it's fantastic, but not factory-looking enough for my taste. Most vehicles that have the thru-bumper exhaust have tips formed to the opening, or some type of bezel on the opening. I'm just seeing a lot of daylight through the reflector opening and a backstop edge for the reflector (which can be trimmed down). Wondering if those reflector trim pieces from overseas would create the right bezel look for me. But again, this is pretty fantastic.
Thank you. I have those exact bezels in my garage then I realized that I don't like chrome. I may spray the bezels blackchrome to see. I'll take some pictures.
I’m not really hot on removing the reflector. I think that cutting out a small portion of the reflector on both sides for a single pipe would be my way to go. That or 3D printing an insert for it.
I'm not adding any reflectors back. I can't deal with the way they look.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think it looks Bitchin!!!!! Nice job....

·
Registered
102 Posts
I really like what you did, I did what others have said did dual tips under the bumper, almost like the bumper was made to have dual tips. I had a exhaust shop install a Magnaflow crossover muffler so I could use one muffler with dual outlets and did polished stainless for the muffler and the tips. Tips are 3 1/2" in size and they used the factory hanger locations and even added one so it is solid. It also sounds great :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I really like what you did, I did what others have said did dual tips under the bumper, almost like the bumper was made to have dual tips. I had a exhaust shop install a Magnaflow crossover muffler so I could use one muffler with dual outlets and did polished stainless for the muffler and the tips. Tips are 3 1/2" in size and they used the factory hanger locations and even added one so it is solid. It also sounds great :cool:
I'm really wanting to emulate your setup and the fact you previously posted part numbers and pics helps greatly so thanks. Did you ever get around to capturing the sound for us?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jeebus H teeeteee fuggin keeeriste..... What the heck did you do? I just tripped over this and it’s the best mod I’v seen to sweeten up that arse. Beeee-u-teee-ful ! SERIOUSLY, that’s some really nice work. Knocked me over when I first saw it. Nice, really nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts