Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The OTA updates I've done have been around 15mins but no maps (without the engine running). We have nav but don't use it so I haven't been that motivated to try to update it.
Yeah, for some reason I get no update available whenever I check for OTA updates.

I even installed a WiFi extender to get a stronger signal in my garage.

David

·
Registered
140 Posts
I did this Nav Map update a few weeks ago. I just recently noticed that I'm no longer getting traffic info anymore. At first I thought it was because there hasn't been much traffic due to the Shelter In Place. Last week, I thought maybe all the smoke in the atmosphere above CA due to the fires was affecting the GPS signal. However, the SF bay area has slowly started to reopen and I've hit traffic several times in the past week. Like today, for example, several times. Google Maps on my phone showed the traffic jam. However, the Subaru navigation system did not show the traffic at all.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,202 Posts
I did this Nav Map update a few weeks ago. I just recently noticed that I'm no longer getting traffic info anymore. At first I thought it was because there hasn't been much traffic due to the Shelter In Place. Last week, I thought maybe all the smoke in the atmosphere above CA due to the fires was affecting the GPS signal. However, the SF bay area has slowly started to reopen and I've hit traffic several times in the past week. Like today, for example, several times. Google Maps on my phone showed the traffic jam. However, the Subaru navigation system did not show the traffic at all.

Anyone else experience this?
A recent firmware update added the option to turn on or off SXM traffic and weather alerts. May be worth checking those settings...

Reactions: z2g35

·
Registered
140 Posts
A recent firmware update added the option to turn on or off SXM traffic and weather alerts. May be worth checking those settings...
I never subscribed to SX Radio. However, I always received realtime traffic updates on my Subaru GPS nav. Does that matter?

·
Prefers non-orange cars
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
9,202 Posts
Sorry, not an expert on the OEM nav. We bought a loaded '18 Limited but haven't used the nav since just after we bought it. Google Maps via AA/CarPlay is way better, IMO.

We did subscribe to the SXM trial, as we were both curious. Turned out to be a HUGE mistake which has taken almost three years to undo...

Reactions: z2g35
21 - 25 of 25 Posts