Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rear license plate bulb burnt out already on my 2019 Crosstrek. I think the fixture slides one way or the other to release from the mount. I would like to replace both units with LED's but cannot get either fixture to move by hand and don't want to pry or damage anything. Has anyone else done this?

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited CVT
542 Posts
Each cover slides toward the outside of the car. Left side cover to the left, right side cover to the right. See page 11-42 of your owners manual.

I replaced both of my license plate bulbs with LEDs. They housings do come out but are a little snug. For the cover on the right side, push outward on the left side of cover with your right thumb while simultaneously pulling the left side of the cover out toward you with your left forefinger. Do the opposite on the cover on the left side.

Check if the LED bulbs light before reassembling. If one or more LEDs don't light up, remove the bulb and reinsert after rotating 180 degrees.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Left slides left, right slides right. It’s just a little bit of a slide and if you use your thumb on the pushing end you should feel or see the assembly lift a bit. then pull them out.

·
Registered
2019 Crosstrek Limited CVT
542 Posts
That should be covered under warranty on a 2019, but Subaru won't replace with an LED.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never go to the dealer unless it's serious warranty work since they are an hour away. I know they won't replace with LED's anyhow. I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK I was able to get the fixtures out. Your descripion on removal was better than the owners manual. Replaced with Sylvania LED 194's in Cool White.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks a lot better with LEDs. Brighter is better. I’ve done fog, cargo, license and going for backup next. My switch to LEDs for the fogs looks great and hasn’t affected anything from what I can see....keeping track of all changes. My Limited had the overhead LEDs in it as an option. I wish these manufacturers would get with the times and light these cars proper. I’m considering the side markers at some time but who knows. My biggest gripe is not being able to get a printed service shop manual with all the schematics. This is the first car I’ve owned where I can’t find a printed book. That really sux.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Optimized for Internet Explorer. Now I know Subaru has a problem. This kind of subscription bullshite is twofold. It’s a money grab and a way to keep the public in the dark. Believe me, the copywriter BS is just that. Subaru doesn’t want to set themselves up for lawsuits if the public is able to research their vehicles. I’m now really rethinking my purchase to the point of telling people to stay away. I should’ve brought the Jeep. Guess I’ll just live in regret. What’s my problem? I believe in an open book policy on something I spent thousands on. I have the right to know this car without a constant payout which is nothing more than a money-making scheme. Last Subaru I’ll buy.....period.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts