Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased my 2019 crosstrek. I have a few questions.
1.)can I go down to a 15”-16” wheel?
2.)adf 1”, readylift 2”, or add 1.5”?
My goals for the lift will go up a size Or two in tires, but still be able to take my crosstrek on long trips without any issues. Whatever size tire and lift I choose I do not want any rubbing issues. I drive mostly in town with the occasional dirt road or pasture. During deer season I will likely see some mud and ruts.
Any help would be appreciated!
Also, a big concern is to not compromise the structural integrity of the vehicle in any way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Some of the folks I know turn to 15 inch wheels and tires. The tire size that matches for over-all diameter
so you don't have to worry would be 215-75-15's. BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 tires.
The size for the wheels should be 15 inch by 7 inch, 15 mm offset, 5 x 100mm bolt circle.

As for the need/Use of a lift, that depends on your needs. I have seen STOCK Crosstreks go where
Jeeps go with no issues.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Welcome to the XV forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses guys. I’ve been looking at method mr502, mr501, and sparco terra. All bronze and all 15”. Lift wise I’m looking at the adf poly 1” and rallitek 1” raised springs front and back. I’m assuming that’d mean I’d have 2” all around if lift. But I read somewhere two inches is the highest before you have to start having to replace other stuff. I may just do the adf poly 1” for some extra ground clearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Crosstrek56-I installed a 2" lift kit from TuffCountry: Subaru Crosstrek Lift Kits - Tuff Country EZ-Ride and I bought it here: | SuspensionConnection.com. I paid $214 & it seems to have gone up $10, but shipping is free.

The install took about 6 hours (less if you are familiar with strut removal on a Crosstrek) and the instructions are a bit funky. They have you jack each end of the car to do both sides at once-fine if you have a lift at your disposal, but I found you can do one wheel at a time. I did the rears first then test drove it. It had a vibration between 60 and 70 MHP, whereas prior to the install the car was smooth as glass at 75 mph+. After an internal deliberation about continuing, I went and did the fronts. Vib was still there but a trip to the tire shop for re-balance and rotation solved the problem. LOVE the additional 2" lift! My wife and I are full-time RV'ers and always in the boondocks in the west. Bought the base Crosstrek with a manual tranny so we can tow it a year ago and the only issue with the car is a too high first gear coupled to a lousy, no low torque engine. You have to keep too much speed up for any kind of rough hill as you can't creep up it, where the engine can't produce low end torque. Maybe the auto trans. would perform better. In any case, it was well worth the money for us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts