Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which one is for the center console Cigarette lighter? I'm guessing the 20A at the top of the picture. Too windy and dark in NY to swap it out now. Mine went out this evening. love the advice that is always given out on this board. Thanks in advance for any help passed along!

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
683 Posts
I would say that the 20amp is for the forward console outlet and the 15amp is for the outlet inside the armrest box. One way you can double check is with your seat heaters.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks @sugarbill heated seats are still working so i'm pretty sure the 15A is the next fuse i'll be looking at.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's not the 20A and 15A. Which one do you think it could be? don't feel like pulling all the fuses out

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
683 Posts
Are you sure it is not the device or cord you are plugging in? Try another device with a different cord and see if the socket is still dead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Couple threads I found that might help. Sounds like you should test the other power port first if that one works sounds like it’s probably the port itself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was plugging into a splitter plugged into the center console. After plugging the device DIRECTLY into the center console cigarette lighter, my camera came back up. Lesson learned, never trust those wire splitters bought on amazon. Plug in DIRECTLY into the cigarette lighter port to save you some headaches. Thanks again everyone for the feedback!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar issue and thought it was the fuse. Turned out there is a fusible link in the back of the outlet that failed as a safety precaution. A new power socket would have solved the issue, but I replaced the link with a piece of wire to restore continuity. Using low amp devices like cell phones and GPS are fine.
E59BDF8D-0A8E-4281-A1D6-E365DE25730E.jpeg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts