Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am battling trying to get my dash ignition on after some repairs on my 2018 Subaru. I initially had my dash ignition lights but no start but now I only have ACC / radio then OFF. I also get a message to say Keyless Access Disabled when I press start with my brake pedal yet no cluster light on the day except the doors . I can lock and unlock easily including using the keyless access with key inmy pocket.

I am planning to change the MAIN SMT ECU/ KEYLESS MODULE from another vehicle ( the module on the passenger side dash). Please advise if this is programmable as I am told there is no memory chip and that it's the one responsible to communicate with the ignition which is why it's not powering up.

The wiring was checked and apparently the issue is on the communication.

Any suggestions please if you have any ideas around this please help

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,032 Posts
I am battling trying to get my dash ignition on after some repairs on my 2018 Subaru. I initially had my dash ignition lights but no start but now I only have ACC / radio then OFF. I also get a message to say Keyless Access Disabled when I press start with my brake pedal yet no cluster light on the day except the doors . I can lock and unlock easily including using the keyless access with key inmy pocket.

I am planning to change the MAIN SMT ECU/ KEYLESS MODULE from another vehicle ( the module on the passenger side dash). Please advise if this is programmable as I am told there is no memory chip and that it's the one responsible to communicate with the ignition which is why it's not powering up.

The wiring was checked and apparently the issue is on the communication.

Any suggestions please if you have any ideas around this please help
You can't get this fixed by the dealer under warranty?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an accident demaged vehicle so not under warranty anymore as it was a written off by insurance. I just got a quote from the dealer for about$700 exclusive of programming for the keyless Control Module as they are saying that the processor is blown and can't be fixed anywhere.

Is there any other recommendation or maybe getting a lock set From an Impreza?

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
6,032 Posts
Maybe. The '17 - '19 Imprezas share a huge number of components with the '18-19 Crostreks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. Is there anything I may need to look at at other than the fact that it has an eyes sight etc and same engine number?

Also is there a possibility to get an affordable unit online that can be programmed by the dealer?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts