Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the remote start Duration is only 3 minutes on my 2018 LTD. I do not have the pushbutton start, but I do have a factory installed remote starter. It has the separate fob.

Does anyone know how to program the duration?

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
209 Posts
It looks like the remote start Duration is only 3 minutes on my 2018 LTD. I do not have the pushbutton start, but I do have a factory installed remote starter. It has the separate fob.

Does anyone know how to program the duration?
I have a 2019 Crosstrek Limited with push-button start. The remote start run time is 15 minutes. Can you please elaborate more on your remote start duration? Do you open the door during the remote start cycle causing the system to turn off? I know the newer Subaru's (2019+) with push-button start will stay running when you open the door, but if you don't have push-button start your car will turn off once you open the door. I've attached the link for the remote start manual from Subaru Canada's website for you to look at. I would get it checked out by your dealership to see if your system is working properly.

I believe you can't program the duration of the remote start cycle. The way the system is built from the factory is to run for 15 minutes. The link is for the cars with push-button start. I've attached a PDF file for the cars with the physical key to turn on (non-push/start models). I hope that helps you.

Link for push-button start: https://www.subaru.ca/content/7907/...-start-res-ixi-for-canada-4280867_eng_rev.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not opening the door during the cycle... it runs for 3 minutes and shuts down. It's really odd if it is not programmable that it shuts down so quickly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am not opening the door during the cycle... it runs for 3 minutes and shuts down. It's really odd if it is not programmable that it shuts down so quickly.
I think you should get your remote start system checked. That’s not normal operation.

It has a 15 minute run time from the factory. I’m not aware of it being programmed for a shorter run time. I know if you have a CEL light it will turn off your car after a few seconds.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I hope that helps with what you’re looking for. You can actually customize your run time. You can pick from 3, 5, 10, and 15 min run time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is yours key to start or push to start?
Edit:
I saw the first post, you don’t have push to start, I believe it should be the same process as push to start👍

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is yours key to start or push to start?
Edit:
I saw the first post, you don’t have push to start, I believe it should be the same process as push to start👍
Unfortunately this process did not work on my car. I'll be taking it into the dealer to get them to troubleshoot it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Unfortunately this process did not work on my car. I'll be taking it into the dealer to get them to troubleshoot it.
Darn! I was hoping it would help you out. Keep me posted when you hear back!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts