Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and (relatively) new to owning a Subaru.

Unfortunately, my halogen headlight on the passenger side keeps disabling whenever my steering assisted headlights turn to the right. From what I gathered, there isn't really a fix for it, and my local Subaru dealership quoted my $2500 for the entire headlight assembly alone (no labor included). I am on here to ask two questions.

1) Are my headlights really in need of replacing? Is there anyway I can fix it at all? I turned off steering assisted headlights and I basically just have to turn the headlights off and on again in order to make them work again.
2) If the headlights are requiring a replacement. Is it possible to swap out both headlight assemblies for a easier and much more cost effective assembly?

I don't really need it done right away, as its not too big of a inconvenience to simply just restart my lights on startup during night driving, but I'd still like to get it fixed as possible. Thank you in advance for the replies.

· Registered
2019 Subaru Crosstrek Limited
1,467 Posts
I would contact Subaru Canada first to see if there's any way for them to waive the repair cost (goodwill) or even help out with the expenses because $2,500 is a lot of money, and quite early on in its life for the LED unit to fail.

Unfortunately, you will have to replace the entire headlight unit since the motor is built into it and the LEDs aren't serviceable besides the turn signals.

All you can do in the meantime is what you've been doing, disabling the adaptive lighting system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts