Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
It won’t let me quote your message on mobile, so this is Re:mpg. I chose a 10 on the scale and my mileage is generally down a few, but I’ve been doing lots of pulls and driving aggressively. When I drive “normal” for me (mpg-focused) I don’t think there is a huge difference, you just have to re-learn the car (maybe before you needed 20% throttle to get enough power, now you need 15%. If you use the 20% you have worse mpg but you’re also demanding more of the car)

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've run through a full tank of gas with my tune now and I'm getting the same mpg that I got without the time. The car is estimating that I have less range on a full tank of gas, but it always did over estimate the range (and still does). It seems like the estimate is closer to being correct now though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Just as a heads up to anyone interested in getting a tune from me, I've had to increase my fee from $300 to $350. This is due to the fact that pretty much everyone needs between a little to a lot of guidance when it comes to getting the hardware and software setup and of course the flashing process itself. Although I am more than happy to offer my help, it does equate to a decent amount of time answering questions and since time is money, I had to average the cost out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey there. I checked out your FB page. FYI, I actually offer tuning for the 2012-2017 Impreza/Crosstrek right now! :smile:
GOOD TO HEAR Im in AU with a MY17 (built Aug 16) CVT almost ready to get my Tactrix unit and Have laptop ready to go....I guess when i PULL OUT my map you will be able to tell what iteration I have? Im not assuming IM getting Heart Thumping power ( scale of 1 - 10 Id be after 5) but more general response at lower revs And Im pretty much urban driving with alot of freeway 100K cruising. Im currently running 94 OCTANE (10% ETHANOL) though I do swap back and forth with 100% 93 OCT. Im keen to find out if you are able to Tune my Model?? I thought I read somewhere ELSE that the FB20 motor and ECU and CVT in MY17 are a little difficult or Different to previous models?? Or is that misinformation??? Should I PM you re Cost and back and forth testing? I hav'nt fully committed yet but need Tactrix first anyway.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
GOOD TO HEAR Im in AU with a MY17 (built Aug 16) CVT almost ready to get my Tactrix unit and Have laptop ready to go....I guess when i PULL OUT my map you will be able to tell what iteration I have? Im not assuming IM getting Heart Thumping power ( scale of 1 - 10 Id be after 5) but more general response at lower revs And Im pretty much urban driving with alot of freeway 100K cruising. Im currently running 94 OCTANE (10% ETHANOL) though I do swap back and forth with 100% 93 OCT. Im keen to find out if you are able to Tune my Model?? I thought I read somewhere ELSE that the FB20 motor and ECU and CVT in MY17 are a little difficult or Different to previous models?? Or is that misinformation??? Should I PM you re Cost and back and forth testing? I hav'nt fully committed yet but need Tactrix first anyway.
I can tune all FB series engines, from 2012 on up to 2019+ so you are good to go. My preferred method of communication is email although answering question here on the forum may help others. My email is [email protected] Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The real question for us 6MT owners: can you leave everything stock EXCEPT the rev hang?

I don't mind the lack of power and prefer to keep my car as OEM as possible, but I just want my stupid throttle to close when I let off the gas to shift. I'd pay money for that.
That would have been amazing for my 16' Impreza Sport. Honestly, when upgrading to my 19' Crosstrek, I opted for the CVT almost because of the rev hang.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
That would have been amazing for my 16' Impreza Sport. Honestly, when upgrading to my 19' Crosstrek, I opted for the CVT almost because of the rev hang.
Very understandable indeed. If you ever want to unleash the full potential of your 2019, let me know. Also, I can give you stronger shifts during hard acceleration with your CVT, gives a pleasant little tug when shifting instead of a pause.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hi everyone. Although it's been a little while since I've updated this thread, I keep getting new tune customers because of it, of which I am grateful.

I just wanted to give a call out to all of my past tune customers to get back to me with some data logs, so I can make sure your tune is maximized during the transition to warmer temperatures. Along with the usual data log parameters, please include intake temperature along with short and long term fuel trims (after sampling many different customer data logs, it has become apparent that the FB20D MAF scaling is off by about 4%. I was aware of this and compensated for it in the fuel maps, but wanted to wait for some warmer weather to make sure it wasn't purely cold winter weather related. And as always, your data log reviews and tune revisions are absolutely FREE!). Along with your 2nd gear hard pulls, please include normal acceleration through the first 3-4 gears and also steady low load cruising (at/above/below 2k rpm).

Although exhaust design and fabrication has been my bread and butter for the past decade, my recent addition to the family has severally limited my time in the shop, so I am currently refocusing my attention on tuning (I can still review data logs with my 4 month old daughter in my arms, but haven't tried welding with her in arms yet). I am slowly updating my website to be more informative: TUNING
I still intend on adding a FAQ page and some tuning tutorials.

Oh, and for those wanting to save a little $ on their tune, I am now offering a $50 prepayment discount. So for those that want to get a tune from me and just need to order the tactrix cable and software, you can pay now and save. Same goes for those know they are going to have me do a rev-hang delete for their new Crosstrek they ordered but haven't taken delivery of yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm waiting for the Texas heat to start to kick in before I do my data logging. So far it's still pretty mild here. Probably still 4 weeks away from getting any high temps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased the epifanSoftware and ordered the TactrixOP doodad. Looking forward to the arrival of the TactrixOP so I can buy the RalliSport upgrade and finally shift smoothly!
(wife pic because she is more photogenic than I am)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I agree, the Crosstrek is obviously not a race car, but after a lift and some big tires I would like a bit of the power back. loading it up with gear, and potentially skid plates in a bumper would only make it slower, so every little bit of power helps imo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
that's why I went with lighter tires/wheels. it's like my 2016 is tuned lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is the software MAC compatible or do I need to borrow someone's windows PC?

If it is MAC compatible, does it have to be a laptop? Or can I use the desktop computer? Basically, does the install involve driving around with the software running or can it be done stationary in the driveway?

And, dumb question of the thread, is it possible to remove the ECU and send it in for a flash? This is what I did for my motorcycle flash last year. Super easy and didn't require I purchase additional hardware/software to flash it myself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is the software MAC compatible or do I need to borrow someone's windows PC?

If it is MAC compatible, does it have to be a laptop? Or can I use the desktop computer? Basically, does the install involve driving around with the software running or can it be done stationary in the driveway?

And, dumb question of the thread, is it possible to remove the ECU and send it in for a flash? This is what I did for my motorcycle flash last year. Super easy and didn't require I purchase additional hardware/software to flash it myself.
Unfortunately, it’s not Mac compatible. I had to borrow a Windows PC. It has to be done stationary. The process is a total PITA (not due to RalliSport!) but it is totally worth the trouble. It makes driving the 6 speed fun. The anemic engine guarantees lots of shifts, ha ha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the feedback! As soon as I am done with tunes for customers number one and two, I'll get to work on getting you some better driveability and more power! :)

To anyone that is for sure looking to get a tune from me, you may want to pay now to reserve your spot on the waiting list. I am still working very closely with tune customer number one on a special high altitude "Denver Tune." Yes, he does actually live in Denver.

erickramos31698 from this forum is tune customer two and I will be working with him as soon as his tactrix is delivered.

uniden-express is tune customer number three and since he already has his hardware and software ready to go, I gave him a quick rev delete tune and will be working on the rest of his custom tune after customers two and three are finished.
I got my Tactrix 2.0 and an FB20D impreza. Can we do this?

61 - 80 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.