Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very interesting! As a manual transmission driver, killing the rev hang and making the revs drop faster in general when foot is off the throttle is what I'd love to see.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Very interesting! As a manual transmission driver, killing the rev hang and making the revs drop faster in general when foot is off the throttle is what I'd love to see.
But then how else are you gonna burn off the excessive gas when you let off the pedal that will be emitted into the atmosphere causing the planet to heat up to dangerous levels? :smileyvault-stop::tongue4:

<NOTE: NO political message intended!>

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'll make sure I'm at full throttle when in gear to make up for it. :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am currently working with two tune customers. The dreaded rev hang seems to be a common problem that manual drivers want eliminated. Contact me, I can help :smile:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sending PM. Subaru definitely doesn't have clutch plate wear in mind with the tune they've stuck the manual trans cars with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you need another test car for your tunes,:lmao2: I can log data for it...

I dont think getting a sponsor is in my future :troll-u-mad-smiley-

:sarcasm:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So, I have decided to give any customer who has bought a header from me a $100 discount toward a tune. There is no limit how far back this extends. So if you bought a header from me in 2011 (when I first started building headers) and sold that car and header a long time ago, you are still eligible for a discount. What about if you get a tune from me now and buy a header from me two years from now? You'll get a $100 discount on the header at that time.

uniden-express is tune customer number three and the first one to take advantage of the $100 discount.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For all with 6MT, the Rev hang delete is phenomenal. My XV drives how I would have expected a manual to, and shifting is no longer a clutch burning waiting game. Revs drop when you want them to, and it feels much smoother overall. A+ Rallisport!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Did the delete also fix the throttle delay which some on this forum use the Sprintbooster to attempt to correct or would that still be something to consider? Just curious since I my car hasn't arrived at the dealership yet!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did the delete also fix the throttle delay which some on this forum use the Sprintbooster to attempt to correct or would that still be something to consider? Just curious since I my car hasn't arrived at the dealership yet!
Honestly I only notice the throttle delay in first gear, because the engine idles so low it takes a little gas to get going. The tune I'm currently running only addresses the Rev hang, but chances are there's a table that could be edited to modify the throttle delay. I'd guess it's more noticeable in CVT models

·
Registered
111 Posts
Honestly I only notice the throttle delay in first gear, because the engine idles so low it takes a little gas to get going. The tune I'm currently running only addresses the Rev hang, but chances are there's a table that could be edited to modify the throttle delay. I'd guess it's more noticeable in CVT models

Thanks for the information! No issues with flashing your ECU using the OpenPort 2.0 (Tactrix)?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
For all with 6MT, the Rev hang delete is phenomenal. My XV drives how I would have expected a manual to, and shifting is no longer a clutch burning waiting game. Revs drop when you want them to, and it feels much smoother overall. A+ Rallisport!

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! As soon as I am done with tunes for customers number one and two, I'll get to work on getting you some better driveability and more power! :)

To anyone that is for sure looking to get a tune from me, you may want to pay now to reserve your spot on the waiting list. I am still working very closely with tune customer number one on a special high altitude "Denver Tune." Yes, he does actually live in Denver.

erickramos31698 from this forum is tune customer two and I will be working with him as soon as his tactrix is delivered.

uniden-express is tune customer number three and since he already has his hardware and software ready to go, I gave him a quick rev delete tune and will be working on the rest of his custom tune after customers two and three are finished.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the feedback! As soon as I am done with tunes for customers number one and two, I'll get to work on getting you some better driveability and more power! :)

To anyone that is for sure looking to get a tune from me, you may want to pay now to reserve your spot on the waiting list. I am still working very closely with tune customer number one on a special high altitude "Denver Tune." Yes, he does actually live in Denver.

erickramos31698 from this forum is tune customer two and I will be working with him as soon as his tactrix is delivered.

uniden-express is tune customer number three and since he already has his hardware and software ready to go, I gave him a quick rev delete tune and will be working on the rest of his custom tune after customers two and three are finished.
Appreciate the work you are doing! I am interested in the rev hang delete, but will need to wait on getting one of your tunes because my car won't be delivered for another month and a half!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got my openport 2. Will be in touch soon.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am excited to announce that I will very soon be offering tuning for the 2018+ FB20D!

What started out as seeking tuning options for my upcoming turbo kit, soon turned into something else. To the best of my knowledge nobody currently offers tuning for the 2018+ FB20D so I took it upon myself to start. Am I as good as Throttle Happy or XRT? No. Am I competent and know what I'm doing? Yes.

uniden-express from this forum recently purchased my 2018 UEL header prototype. With the car in the air I took the opportunity to weld in a wideband o2 sensor bung to the factory header. I then installed and wired in an AEM UEGO. I began to log with Romraider/subaruEdit and modify the factory tune via subaruEdit software. I quickly became consumed with trying to extract as much power as possible out of this new FB20 engine with just a tune. I have some tuning experience and have always been a numbers geek. The process of logging data, examining the logs and interpreting the data, then making changes and testing those changes is fun for me and as it turns out I'm actually quite good at it. After countless hours and multiple tanks of gas, I'm nearly finished with a 93 octane tune for my 2018. I'll get into the details later, but the short of it is that I was able to knock a solid half second off the 0-60 time (CVT) with more power and better driveability throughout the entire powerband. This is with the factory intake, factory exhaust, and over 7k on the factory airfilter. Supporting mods would help take full advantage of this tune.

What you will need to tune your car:

A tactrix openport 2.0

subaruEdit FB "Lite" software available here: epifanSoftware | subaruEdit | Versions & prices (you will need to email him to purchase the Lite version).

As far as price goes, I'm thinking $300. I can do a 91 octane tune and also customize the tune to your needs.

I will start with offering a tune for the 2018+ then move on to the 2012-2017.
I am happy to see you took my information and started offering tuning to support your products + more. I was wondering where you disappear too until I was told you are offering tuning :)

Throttle Happy offers global tunes, while XRT offers customised tuning. So two different service offerings, implies different costing. We spend more time making the CVT work well, including the virtualised shifting capacity.

On another note, it would be great to see the header performance, using data to equalised the design.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I am happy to see you took my information and started offering tuning to support your products + more. I was wondering where you disappear too until I was told you are offering tuning :)
You created a monster :evil: lol
I think I may have found my true calling. I'm surgical with a TIG welder and stainless fabrication will always be my bread and butter, but tuning is FUN! Probably because I've always been a number crunching geek :icon_e_geek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had an engine tune on a NA car once before and it was very much worth it to me. With a manual trans, you get a good feel for the engine power band characteristics and shortcomings and I've previously experienced satisfying improvement on a different car with a 2.4L engine. So I'm all in on this tune and seeing what the changes do for my car. Addressing the 'rev hang' is clearly priority #1 for me, but we'll see what other benefits come from this. I only use 87 octane and am not interested in being forced to use premium because around here they gouge you an extra $0.50 - $0.70 per gallon over regular. That would take a couple of pizzas a month out of my budgeting. I don't need more power THAT badly. Gotta have priorities straight.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've now got Rallisport's rev hang delete tune loaded with an otherwise standard power delivery tune. This is how Subaru should have had the car setup from the factory, as far as rev hang is concerned. The driver's foot is now responsible for doing the rev matching when changing gears. What a novel concept! I only wish this had been available 18 months ago so I wouldn't have had to put my clutch through 17,xxx miles of torture with that OEM tune.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.