Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Orange Subaru Crosstrek Limited
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, exactly as I imagine it happened, other than me being a tree hugger and not a chopper. I once caught one of middle school science students cheating and while he was looking at the girl's paper next to him I put my hand on his paper from behind. When he turned to write down the answer and found my hand he pointed immediately to the window and said "SQUIRREL!" I gave him ten points for creative response, but he got a zero on the test and didn't try this on his mom when she came in to talk about it. He was actually a great student and just wanted to meet the girl...middle school kids are a fry short of a happy meal.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'll see about how to move the photo from my dumb phone to here. The cone was quite large, not ready to fall, full of sap and I gather pretty high on the tree. Figure it weighed about two pounds.

·
Registered
'18 and '19 Crosstrek Limiteds
8,850 Posts
I'll see about how to move the photo from my dumb phone to here. The cone was quite large, not ready to fall, full of sap and I gather pretty high on the tree. Figure it weighed about two pounds.
A two pound object from high enough will do some serious damage!

Doca experienced that last winter...

·
Registered
2,475 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Marmots are much worse. Some people tent their cars when hiking California's beautiful "Mineral King" area. We didn't, but the Marmots must have had enough to eat the week were roaming the area.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts