Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm about to replace the engine air filter on my car. Does anyone know where I can find the part number for this or have any suggestions? Thanks in advanced! Sorry if this was listed over 1,000 times.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After looking up that part number I saw this product. I think this will be a good investment in the long run.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Don't buy it. It will allow to many particles of the micron size that will shorten engine life. If you do an engine oil analysis you will se silicon (dirt) is much higher in these things.

·
Registered
2019 Limited - Suba
270 Posts
Don't buy it. It will allow to many particles of the micron size that will shorten engine life. If you do an engine oil analysis you will se silicon (dirt) is much higher in these things.
Plus they are actually a PITA to maintain. I had one on a previous vehicle. Briefly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting, I've had good luck with K&N and didn't mind the maintenance cycle. How did K&N get to be so popular if it is detrimental? (I know, marketing....)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Don’t you have to wash them, and oil them? Who has time or the desire for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily on the oiling them, some are dry filters (Not sure about this one). As for washing them, I do laundry a couple times a week. Washing the air filter every oil change is not so bad in comparison.

·
Registered
26 Posts
K&N sells a kit with a spray cleaner and oil. It cleans quickly and easily. Let it dry, then spray on the oil. Not a big deal at all. Certainly not a reason to avoid K&N.

·
Banned
170 Posts
K&N filter. Never replace it again just wash it.

Cabin filter

·
Registered
83 Posts
Get a drop-in AEM dry filter to replace the stock one and remove the charcoal filter too!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
For MY16 I've been using;
WIX 49012 Air Filter
WIX 57055 Oil Filter
WIX 24030 Cabin Air Filter
All from Rockauto.com

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,082 Posts
Get a drop-in AEM dry filter to replace the stock one and remove the charcoal filter too!
I once had a charcoal cabin filter that blew out little black specks all over my interior. I immediately returned it to the parts store.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I once had a charcoal cabin filter that blew out little black specks all over my interior. I immediately returned it to the parts store.
I was referring to the charcoal filter behind the engine air intake filter inside the intake box itself.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2019 Crosstrek Limited
1,082 Posts
I was referring to the charcoal filter behind the engine air intake filter inside the intake box itself.
I don't know where my brain was...du-uh! Now that I'm on the same page...
Question...why do you recommend removing the air intake charcoal filter?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't know where my brain was...du-uh! Now that I'm on the same page...
Question...why do you recommend removing the air intake charcoal filter?
It gives the car a more peppy feel, quicker throttle response.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts