Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
I'm pretty new here so bear with me. I have a 2017 Crosstrek with a 2" spacer lift. I'd like to put larger tires (BF Goodrich's KO2s) on but can only find information regarding stock height tires. Along with the lift, I'm considering going down to 16" in wheel size. Please help me figure out what sizes could fit on my car!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a 2 inch ADF lift. Also had 15x7 team dynamics with 225/75-15 toyo tires. They were 28.3 inches tall. Very slight rub in the front when turning and hitting a dip at the same time. Worked great. Most do try to stay under 28" diameter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have 2" rough country lift with king springs as well, wondering if I can get a 335/70/15 to fit. been reading the second and third gen can do the 235, but wondering if anyone else is running a 235 on 2015 XV? I am pretty sure I can get away with the 225/75/15. hate not knowing the max, don't want to be disappointed after I buy a set and realize I could of went bigger.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
To each his own. Putting a 2" lift in place and then going to smaller wheels?? The crosstrek it the best handling vehicle I have ever had. Anything you do to it will not help that configuration. IMHO

·
Registered
133 Posts
Find out the tirediameter of the wheelsize you want
Turn your frontwheels left or right...
Measure from wheelcenter the radius to outside and check how much space is left between wheels and car...

225/75 R15 is about 72cm tirediameter.... you lifted 2 inch, its about 5 cm... the only concern you have is that its rubbing when turning left/right on the plasticstuff. And honestly: most people her was cutting some of the plastic off to make it not rubbing...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here it is 225/75/15 open range Mazama’s on Method 502B rims on my 2015. Sick or what!!!! To bad it doesn’t turn! The front fender wells are easy to move but the back on the front with the Rally Armor mudflaps is just to much. So these are going back and I’m getting the 215/75/15, I know the manager at Les Schwab and he let me bring home to attempt to modify fenderwells. It could be done but I don’t wanna rip the guts out of Cochise (The name of my Crosstrek XV)

·
Super-Duper Moderator
467 Posts
Those are meaty.....

You should be able to squeeze in a 65 series into that fender well....
70 series is <1/2 smaller.... so no dice if going 225's

:unsure:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here is the finally configuration with 215/75/15 Open Range Mazama’s. It still rubbed a bit on the rally armor front mud flaps so I had to trim them with diagonal cut and remove the little mud flap in front of wheel well. First thing I noticed was how much smoother the ride was with more tire well giving it more flex and how much quieter they are than the KO2’s.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is not about "this tire" someone would recommend, you should allways ask for the DIAMETER and the WIDTH of a tire. because independent of the tiresize written are there some differences depending of the manufacturer. And if you know the diameter you can go out and measure... and compare with the size of the tire you already have on your car...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts