• False Advertising !

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Meh

Votes: 12 52.2%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
To make your "poll" truly comprehensive/fair/balanced you MUST add a last category: "Yuck". FWIW, "Meh" is NOT a counterbalancing option to "Awesome"!!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I don't care for red enough to say anything but meh. Red is not my color and probably never will be on any car I chose to own. Earth tone colors, blue or orange for me. Even purple would probably be good on this car but red is too splashy.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I, on the other hand, love the red! :)

I disagree with calling it a "special addition," though. I wish the color-matched interior accents were standard on all models, it's a nice, classy touch.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To make your "poll" truly comprehensive/fair/balanced you MUST add a last category: "Yuck". FWIW, "Meh" is NOT a counterbalancing option to "Awesome"!!
Haha, very true. I'm not sure if I can edit an existing poll, but I'll try.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I think the red is okay. Perhaps the only reason I would consider it is because it's rare, but that's a double-edged sword. I am curious if body-colored aftermarket parts would be more costly, if not outright unobtainable!

That said, I'm not in the "Meh" category, but I also don't think it's "Awesome." And I don't really get the "False Advertising!" choice. More poll choices? I think you can list 10. ;)

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the red is okay. Perhaps the only reason I would consider it is because it's rare, but that's a double-edged sword. I am curious if body-colored aftermarket parts would be more costly, if not outright unobtainable!

That said, I'm not in the "Meh" category, but I also don't think it's "Awesome." And I don't really get the "False Advertising!" choice. More poll choices? I think you can list 10. ;)
I was saying false advertising because Pure Red was a WRX color first, so this is the first Pure Red in non-turbo. :) I don't see a way to re-do the poll unfortunately, once it's up. Now I know for next time to do more options.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I was saying false advertising because Pure Red was a WRX color first, so this is the first Pure Red in non-turbo. :) I don't see a way to re-do the poll unfortunately, once it's up. Now I know for next time to do more options.
Oh... got it. No worries. I appreciate you taking the time to get a consensus! I checked out your company Facebook page. Very cool! I especially liked the Subaru videos.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh... got it. No worries. I appreciate you taking the time to get a consensus! I checked out your company Facebook page. Very cool! I especially liked the Subaru videos.
My pleasure. I'm always curious with these one-off colors, figured I'd ask some dedicated Crosstrek owners.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not interested in purchasing one, but I do love the color.

It reminds me of the GM paint color Victory Red (on the Chevy Silverado) also known as Chili Red (on the old Chevy Cobalts)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Haha, very true. I'm not sure if I can edit an existing poll, but I'll try.
OK, I understand; then just keep in mind that at least a number of the current poll's "Meh" responses are really "YUCKS"-in-disguise!!

FYI: see what happens when they actually let economists (who reflexively have allergic reactions to "instant" polls) read and respond to threads on this site!! LOL

·
Registered
375 Posts
Would have bought if it had been available on the 2015. I've been accused of buying too many red vehicles by my daughter so I bought a blue one this time. That's about the same color as my second 4x4 I bought when I was 18.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts