Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

2016 crosstrek brake issue

Model Years 2012 to 2017 
3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  CRAZYHAWK 
#1 ·
My 2016 crosstrek had scraping noise when applying brakes. I had the brakes checked at the Subaru dealer. They put on new rotors, brake pads, hubs, pins in the calipers all on the front. The noise is still present. When I press on the brakes with anything more than just a very gentle push I get a loud scraping noise. The dealer kept the car for 2 weeks and finally said they could not find the problem so I brought the car home, but I am afraid to drive it because of the noise. The noise does appear to be coming from the front and it stops as soon as the brakes are released. I tested by driving around the block applying the brakes 6 times in the process. Both the front and back brake rotors were hot. I then a couple of hours later drove around the block trying not to use the brake except very gently with absolutely necessary and I found that the front brake rotors were very hot and the back rotors were only slightly warm. Does anyone have an ideas of what I should do next?

#3 ·
I'm in Southeast Kansas. We don't have a shop that specializes on just Subaru, but there is an excellent mechanic that just works on foreign cars. I will make an appointment with him when he gets back from vacation. Some additional information regarding the problem. The car doesn't pull to one side or the other when the brakes are pushed. When the car first got to the dealer the front brakes on the passenger side had been sticking so although the rotor was almost new, it had been destroyed.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.