Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Crosstrek limited with the factory extended warranty to 7 years 100k miles. The car has 95k miles on it and I am curious on what I should be looking at/ listening for before the warranty expires. I have recently had a bunch of warranty items replaced:

-New Transmission (was told there was an axel bearing leak during a wheel alignment and when I brought it to dealer they said it needed to be replaced)
-New AC condensor (was not cold on really hot days)
-New axel (clicking during turns)
-New "Steering Gear" (I complained about steering feeling funny)
-New steering wheel (was peeling)
-At least one wheel bearing (noise)

I feel like the car whines a little on acceleration so I might ask them to look at the tranny again. I also feel like the car is a little weird on highway steering (back and forth corrections), but I am not sure if thats just me being used to driving the loaner ascent that had lane assist.

It seems like the dealer replaces something every time I guide them on what to look for but never find anything on their own, so it would be great to give them some complaints when I bring it in.

Thanks,
Erick

·
Registered
2017 Crosstrek Limited
1,512 Posts
Whatever happens, it sounds like you got your money's worth on your extended warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone had their weather seals around windows replaced? Car is definitely louder that it used to be and I know they replaced them on my 05 Outback a long time ago.

·
Registered
749 Posts
As for the back and forth movements at highway speed.My '16 has been doing that since new.I though I just needed to get used to the smaller diameter steering wheel and a faster steering box.I just had the alignment done and it drives so much better now.The rear toe was out just FYI.I wish I had it done sooner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 Crosstrek limited with the factory extended warranty to 7 years 100k miles. The car has 95k miles on it and I am curious on what I should be looking at/ listening for before the warranty expires. I have recently had a bunch of warranty items replaced:

-New Transmission (was told there was an axel bearing leak during a wheel alignment and when I brought it to dealer they said it needed to be replaced)
-New AC condensor (was not cold on really hot days)
-New axel (clicking during turns)
-New "Steering Gear" (I complained about steering feeling funny)
-New steering wheel (was peeling)
-At least one wheel bearing (noise)

I feel like the car whines a little on acceleration so I might ask them to look at the tranny again. I also feel like the car is a little weird on highway steering (back and forth corrections), but I am not sure if thats just me being used to driving the loaner ascent that had lane assist.

It seems like the dealer replaces something every time I guide them on what to look for but never find anything on their own, so it would be great to give them some complaints when I bring it in.

Thanks,
Erick
Just had 5th wheel bearing replaced. From my experience, it sounds you might have a wheel bearing issue as mine sounded this way. Five times!

·
Registered
3 Posts
When garage repaired my fifth wheel bearing, they broke the speed sensor. Verbally said they broke it. Bill says it seized. No matter. Who pays for this? Me. Crosstrek is a horrid model. Biding my time for both struts needing repair. Too broke paying for wheel bearings. So disappointed in Subaru!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts