Subaru Crosstrek and XV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting some rotor dust shield noise from my front tire tonight and figured I had a rock between it and the rotor as in the past. Nope. The shield itself just is loose and had fallen forward. I pushed/rolled it back but with the degree of give and the screwdriver I used crumpling nothing but rust, I assume it needs to come off or be replaced. Is this an issue where service is going to need to remove the wheel hub/bearing for access to this flimsy/cheap piece of metal? Trying to prep mentally for $$$ I’m looking at here if I go to the dealership for service as I usually do because I know bearing work is pricey.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Could do without it .

or

Replace it as well as the unit bearing .
Unit bearings do not seem to last long on these Subies .. and are true heck to remove in the rust belt . I am in MD.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could do without it .

or

Replace it as well as the unit bearing .
Unit bearings do not seem to last long on these Subies .. and are true heck to remove in the rust belt . I am in MD.
The dealership’s service department ended up putting it on the lift for me and removing what was left of the shield at no charge. I did get a quote for replacement and it does involve hub removal and bearing replacement. Of course this couldn’t be a two bird one stone deal and be on the bearing that makes noise and does need replacement 😅 Putting it off for the summer weather and will get it fixed before the snow flies again in NY.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts